German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea of what she could possibly be mixed with? Me and my wife have made many guesses. And our vet says the dna test isn't very accurate bexause they find some crazy breeds in dogs. We know she isn't pure bred and still love Zima the same and don't care what she could be but we just wanna know what others think.

She just got her rabies shot and the vet has her down on paper as a retriever mix which we didn't tell them to do. But we think she is lab gsd mix. Other say huskey as well or golden retriever

What are your thoughts???

Also thot I'd add the last pic because that's the day we got her. Cuttest little girl ever and super young to come home but still is becoming a perfect member of our family

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
Her face and body proportions look a lot like my cousin's white lab did when it was little, but I definitely see mostly GSD.

That puppy pic is the sweetest thing. :wub:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Looks mostly GSD, but there's something that looks like there's something else in there. As far as what the something else may be... maybe lab? If I had to guess, I would say a high content GSD mix with possibly some lab or similar breed.
Something about the eyes and little details in the shape of the face say lab.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
In the picture of her on the skateboard her body doesn't look like a GSD to me but it's hard to tell because of the way she's standing. Whatever she is, she's adorable. I think those ears are all GSD! :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
The body shape is a little off to be a GSD, too. The eyes look very labbish to me. I'm still going with high content GSD mix, though. She's a good lookin' pup. :)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Any idea of what she could possibly be mixed with? Me and my wife have made many guesses. And our vet says the dna test isn't very accurate bexause they find some crazy breeds in dogs. We know she isn't pure bred and still love Zima the same and don't care what she could be but we just wanna know what others think.

She just got her rabies shot and the vet has her down on paper as a retriever mix which we didn't tell them to do. But we think she is lab gsd mix. Other say huskey as well or golden retriever

What are your thoughts???

Also thot I'd add the last pic because that's the day we got her. Cuttest little girl ever and super young to come home but still is becoming a perfect member of our family
Well whether she is a cream colored pb or not. She is stunning! Definitely a looker!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi... I just found your message, while searching images for a similarity to one of a dog we used to have, several years ago. We got him through the ASPCA, so we weren't really sure, but as he grew up, we definitely were able to see the German Shepherd and Husky kind of look , or Akita was another idea. Well, looking online tonight I found several others, along with your picture of Zima that looked like our Sammy.... Look up the Chinook dog... they were dying out in the 1980's or so and so they started crossbreeding with other dogs... one mix of a dog they bred the Chinook with was the German Shepherd/Husky mix ones. You should look up the images and you might see some that have a similarity to your Zima.

Our Sammy was so dang smart and wonderful... he lived till he was 16, the last 2 years or so, having hip problems, but overall wonderful health. He did have the more upright ears - very big at that 4-6 months age range (like your Zima) we wondered if he would grow into those!! And he had a curly tail. He definitely thought he was above our two kiddos in the pack ranking, but he was so sweet and protective of them - they adored him just as much as he loved them.

Hope that helps, and you see this message.

Regards,
Susan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts