German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
German Shepherd-Husky 🐶 ate nd swallowed a "rolled up plastic bag".

Today like half an hour ago a puppy German Shepherd-Husky (who doesn't belongs to me, but he belongs to some1 else I'm living with) ate nd swallowed a "rolled up plastic bag" all bcause I thought that he wouldn't b able to "swallow"; so is he gonna poop it out just fine? Or should he b taken to the vet?

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
If it were me, I would call the vet and ask them. I would likely induce vomiting.

I am unclear as to why you thought the dog wouldn't be able to swallow?

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Those things can wrap around loops of intestine as they pass and kill them. Dying from a blockage is a miserable, painful way to go.

Get to a vet and get it out immediately. If he cannot vomit it out, they will likely have to remove it surgically.

View this as one of life's Very Expensive Lessons.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Plastic is very dangerous to swallow. I would take him to the vet immediately. If you wait, he might A. Vomit B. Plastic causes blockage.

·
Registered
26 Posts
A couple of days ago Major was acting like a maniac. Outside, inside, around the table, biting at his tail, back outside again, all at warp speed. As you can imagine, I was quite concerned. It turns out he was being chased by a 12" long piece of rope he had eating recently. I'm not sure how he managed to eat that or where he found it. So, yes, call the vet. But, if my dog can eat a rope I suspect a plastic bag isn't too dangerous.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts