German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my german shepherd when she was 5 weeks old. Its been 3 days now and i guess my puppy is not excreting the way it should. The faeces is a mixture of semi-liquid & semi-solid. After I had noticed this for the first time, I had changed her food a little. I would like to know if the way she is excreting, is normal for a puppy at her age. Also she is very sleepy from the last couple of hours. Other than this, my puppy is very active and playful.

I would be very pleased if any anyone could reply to my questions as soon as possible.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Have you taken her to the vet? She may need to be de-wormed or have parasites.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yes, take her to a vet.

What are you feeding her and how much?

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Five weeks is very young. What country are you in and what foods are available to you in addition to what you are feeding?

No, this is not normal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
my 7 week gsd puppy is not very active today, i mean whole day and is just lying and is also having loose motion, semi liquid and solid potty, normally he is very active and playful whole day, can i have some suggestions please?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Your puppies both need to see a veterinarian right away!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I went through the same thing. The rescue I went through lied about my puppies age. She ended up being MAYBE 6 weeks... They told me 12ish... Psssht... I took her to the vet. They put her on a dewormer, perscription bland diet for puppies and if your puppy starts to do a little better add some pumpkin... And I really swear by the pumpkin but see your vet first. They will probably give you some meds first.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
219 Posts
Wow 5 weeks old should still be with mom. Some puppies get lose stool when stressed or a change in diet. But vet to be safe, there is so many things little guys can have that is a simple fix with the right meds, but can die without Good luck

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
take the puppy to a vet now ...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can u please suggest me complete diet chart for my 8 month old gsd. I am from India. And I am feeding him raw chicken every alternate day.he is very healthy otherwise. Pic available in profile. How much more would he grow, or is the growth complete. He still looks like a kid to me :)

·
Super Moderator
4,999 Posts
Can u please suggest me complete diet chart for my 8 month old gsd. I am from India. And I am feeding him raw chicken every alternate day.he is very healthy otherwise. Pic available in profile. How much more would he grow, or is the growth complete. He still looks like a kid to me :)

You will get more responses if you make a new thread instead of posting in someone else's.

David Winners

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
5 weeks is much too young to take a puppy from its mother and littermates
solid food is just being introduced

sometimes it is the change in water -- maybe boil your water?

also puppies at that age sleep a lot . they have wild periods of play and then they crash . rest is important . health is important

1 - 15 of 15 Posts