German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know they said that Murphy is German, but I saw this pix... it really looks like what he might be when he grows up.

Google Image Result for http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/df/Belgian_Shepherd_Malinois_grass.jpg

pix from link above

His muzzle isn't so black, but all the other color is the same. His coat is real short and tight just like that too. He's also looks like he might be pretty wide chested.

Right now, his ears all fell over and are hanging off to the one side. he looks so goofy lol.

He's 12 wks old and is doing really well overall. He's showing alert for potty, stops when told no, usually, sits loves food... just a happy pup!

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
He looks a little too bulky to be a mali in my opinion. His face isn't dark enough either. I'm definitely not a mali expert, but i'm just not seeing purebred mali in that second picture you posted. A mix is always a possibility.

·
Registered
929 Posts
some mali's dont have black faces, and all pups are chuncky, he could have some in him :)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I don't THINK he's a mal, but I was shocked at how much that one photo and the color and tightness of his coat is. He's got a stockier head than Zeva does. Maybe he seems so un-GSD like because SHE'S so spot on w/ the look? He's also the first male GSD I've had. And I admit, he's an odd coloring.

He's cute, he's happy and healthy and I love him either way. I looked at pix of his parents, he looks just like mom, and gmom and not really at all like dad :( Pity. Oh well, he's mine and I love him.

·
Registered
929 Posts
look up tan GSD they look like the parents, are the parents full?

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Yeah those are definitely not belgian mali's. They all look like GSD's to me.

Did your pup come with some kind of AKC limited registration? Do you have pedigrees for both parents?

·
Registered
929 Posts
yea they look like tan GSDs they are pretty :D

·
2,967 Posts
I don't see Mal. Just a light sable dog. I agree that he'll look like his Mom.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Not a mal...cute as a button though!!

I think the easiest way to tell a Belgian is the body is square and proportionate compared to the GSD. He's my groenendael at 13 weeks...look how square the body is.

·
Registered
929 Posts
haha yea, shilo looked like her mom, this one will to she/hes a beauty!!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
LOL and there's no mistaking the belgian intensity.... you'd know if you had one LOL! Attached example of the crazy belgian vs the gsd over a frisbee....look at that intensity LOL!

·
Registered
929 Posts
LOL and there's no mistaking the belgian intensity.... you'd know if you had one LOL! Attached example of the crazy belgian vs the gsd over a frisbee....look at that intensity LOL!

thats a belgian???!! woa!!:wild:looks like a wolf!! look at em' go! haha

·
Registered
929 Posts
LOL her hair is all wet cause she just got out of the pool and she's still poofy!
aha!! how cute!! my dad saw one at the park one time, he looked at me and said "im getting one!!" haha he looooves them!!:wub:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts