German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
List the word you want to hear. Doesn't matter if Kennel name, Commands or anything else. I will put a video together so you can hear and learn how to say it yourself. :)

·
Registered
32,419 Posts
That's a fantastic idea. Why don't you start with the common commands.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thats a very nice offer Mrs. K.

This might save you from being inundated with too many requests :)

This site has most of the basic commands in English, German, French, Czech and Dutch. They are just audio files, but again, hopefully it will save you from having to do a little work recording :)

Dr. P's Dog Training: Commands in Several Languages

I do have a request. Our new pup's name is Maximus. We bring him home this Saturday. Is that name pronouncable in German? If so, I would like to hear that :)

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats a very nice offer Mrs. K.

This might save you from being inundated with too many requests :)

This site has most of the basic commands in English, German, French, Czech and Dutch. They are just audio files, but again, hopefully it will save you from having to do a little work recording :)

Dr. P's Dog Training: Commands in Several Languages

I do have a request. Our new pup's name is Maximus. We bring him home this Saturday. Is that name pronouncable in German? If so, I would like to hear that :)
Yeah, I know that website. However, what is missing there is how you actually say it when you are using it in Obedience like the long "HIIIIIIER" or the strong "AUS!" and where the focus lies on. And that is what I'm trying to show is how you actually really use those words. :)

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
I like to watch this. And snicker slightly at how he says, "Ahh- WUSS!" at around 0:41, 4:00, etc.:D The last few seconds are priceless. :wub:

·
Registered
381 Posts
I haven't gone to a club yet... so I would definitely be interested in at least audio of how to properly say the basic commands. I thought the way the were on the site I linked, was a tad... GPSish? :)

·
Registered
32,023 Posts
so do german shepherds already know german?
Mine does, definitely better than me anyway.

That bitch I got from over there already trained. Only I haven't a clue what I should say to get her to bite. So my friend who was raised over there, said something I have no chance at reproducing or remembering. So I guess I will just have to be ok with the knowledge that I know how to get her to stop. The basic commands like, sits and platz she does about as good as she does if I use the words SIT or Down. I got myself a beginning German grammar, but I don't think I have the gift for language that my sister has.

She had to learn English. Because it's really hard to work when your doubled over laughing at your owner all the time.

·
Registered
32,023 Posts
I don't think it was "fass" it sounded like a sentence.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Probably not. Faß means barrel. Fassen is 'hold' or 'grip'

Packen could be used for bite, but it is actually closer to 'grip' which would be good to use if you just want the dog to 'grip' and hold, or fassen. :D

German can be confusing because the words you use will depend upon the context of the sentence.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
German can be confusing because the words you use will depend upon the context of the sentence.
Yeah it is :crazy: I've been (attempting) to learn for when I travel to visit family there. Not going well! Berlin will probably have better luck than me. He seems to understand German better than English. He'll be barking in German to all the other dogs.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Probably not. Faß means barrel. Fassen is 'hold' or 'grip'

Packen could be used for bite, but it is actually closer to 'grip' which would be good to use if you just want the dog to 'grip' and hold, or fassen. :D

Fass and packen are both used as bite commands. I never knew what they actually meant. It seems that German commands only relate to dogs not humans talking to humans.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Ja. Ich wünschte, ich könnte auch gehen! Viele spaß!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Ja. Ich wünschte, ich könnte auch gehen! Viele spaß!
LOL I hope I got what you said right! :eek: (I'll have to show this to my translator - berlin. LOL) You wish you could go too, cause its fun?

·
Registered
32,023 Posts
"Halt! Bleiben Sie stehen oder ich schick den Hund?"

That is old school though.
That might have been it. She would be old school.

That sounds like "Halt! Stay where you are or I will send the dog!" Which sounds like they are talking to the prospective bite-receiver rather than the prospective biter. l

Could you translate?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts