German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
12 year old son of Grim z Pohranicni straze, needs a home to live out his days. He is a Czech import, and a retired LE dog. His family is in extreme financial hardship and must move. He has his badge, import papers, and retirement certificate.
This boy currently lives with a child, 2 small dogs and 2 cats. He is a much loved house dog. He is a little slow to get up, but manages stairs fine and is pretty spry for his age. Only known health issue is that he currently receives thyroid meds.
A very nice dog who deserves a super place.I am helping the family out, so if interested contact me. Dog is in Georgia.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
he's a very handsome guy. I would take him if i could. good luck!

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
He is very handsome!! I hope he finds a beautiful home to retire in!

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be picking this boy up on Sunday.
If anyone has room to add a dog bed in their house, please let me know. He is a really nice dog.... stable temperament, well cared for, house trained.

(BTW- if it matters, I think he is a Slovak import, not Czech)

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
If we didn't have such a non-senior friendly home, he could come live out his days with us. Unfortunately, we have hardwood and tiles throughout and stairs everywhere :( While he manages stairs fine, etc. it's asking a little too much for the grand ole guy.

I hope he finds a suitable retirement home to live out his days in the lap of luxury. He sure looks like a teddy bear.

·
2,967 Posts
Law Enforcement.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Any follow-up on this handsome chap? Heartbreaking for his family, and for him, to have to part ways after so many years together :(

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just picked him up from the kennel. I was out of town this weekend and so had to board him as hubby was none-too-pleased to take care of yet another homeless puppy:). (Hubby won't be too pleased when he sees the bill from the kennel either.)

He is a super nice, stable dog. Very healthy for his age, and pretty fiery too! Last week, he howled practically all night, every night. Previous owner said he does that when separated from the family. At my house, he has to sleep on the porch (fully enclosed 12x20 room). I think he will do fine with my girl dogs, but I am not even going to try the boys.

Hoping I can find him a home that has the room and resources to care for him.
Will try to get pictures later today.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Thanks Mary, glad to hear he is safe with you. We had animal control show up on our doorstep many years ago, one of our neighbors had complained about howling - 'course that was a Malamute, and that's what they do when they are lonely (or not LOL)..... brought back a memory, he was a sweet dog.

I'll look forward to the pics!

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
my husband is actually interested in him but we dont have a senior friendly home. I dont think he'd be happy spending all his time upstairs where the carpet is. He's a handsome guy.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
I don't have a senior friendly home either - but I have a senior. While not optimal, they make do. I wish there were less steps and less hard surfaces, but there just aren't. If anyone is in a position to take him, please don't let those things stop you.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
Mary he is sooo handsome and doesn't look his age at all !

·
Registered
772 Posts
My heart breaks for him, I have such a soft spot for K9s. I am way too far away to even consider it.
Hope you find him a home!
He is gorgeous and has aged well.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I'd love to take him, unfortunately my male aussie is "hitler" reincarnated, and it wouldn't work with him:((((((

1 - 20 of 33 Posts