German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Petfinder Adoptable Dog | German Shepherd Dog | Georgetown, OH | 621

621 Intake: 10/13/10 Available: 10/19/10 *NO SMALL ANIMALS* Male, German Shepherd, brought in by man who said dog strayed into their yard and killed their puppy, 2-3 yrs. old, 70lbs. This boy is terrified and will not come out his kennel. He has NO aggression toward people at all and usually cowers in the corner. I've spent alot of time this past week just talking to him and while he is still afraid he is MUCH better and doesn't try to hide. I've brought a number of dogs up to his kennel and he greets appropriately with tail wagging. Adoption Fee: $50

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
IMO: I find it hard to believe that if a stray 70 lb. GSD wandered into your yard and killed your puppy, that one would attempt to catch it, somehow get it into your car and take it to a shelter. I think a normal person would call the police and AC.

Just sounds a little fishy.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I don't like to see any black GS's at shelters this time of the year, I HATE to say this, but sometimes they are adopted for the wrong reason.:mad: Is anyone close to the shelter that could help him now? His pull fee is only $50.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
I don't like to see any black GS's at shelters this time of the year, I HATE to say this, but sometimes they are adopted for the wrong reason.:mad: Is anyone close to the shelter that could help him now? His pull fee is only $50.
I know what you mean, this time a year it is not a good idea to adopt out any black animals, people are sick.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Is anyone familiar with this shelter? Is it a high euth rate or do they usually make it out via adoption/rescue?

Do they do out of state adoptions? Do they alter and vac prior to leaving or can it be done privately if not done already? (unless I'm missing it, it doesn't say anything about being neutered)

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Oh wow, he looks & sounds just like our SHADOW ! :wub: High prey drive, but to kill a pup when it's not even your yard ?????? I could maybe see if the pup/dog wondered into his yard.

He is just beautiful & yes, BAD time of yr for any all bk pet, dog or cat ! :( Do wish I were closer, would ck him out.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Remember, there'so proof that he killed a pup; just the word of the guy who turned him in. Like I said, sounds fishy.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I agree fishy, he was probably the owner making up a story. Who would let a stray kill a pup and like you said catch the dog???

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
BUMP :help: :help: Pretty boy.... :wub:

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
BUMP Plz :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

With being labled as killing a puppy on PF, not good for this pretty boy ! :( :(

:help:

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I am trying to get more info on this boy, and can not pull up their e-mail. It is all in link form and I have no idea how to set my email as the default email on my computer, so subsequently I can't pull up the link. Can someone who can open it pull it up and post it here so I can email?

thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
I picked this sweetheart up yesterday. Already have four of my own but just could not leave him there. He was so afraid that the shelter employee had to carry him to my car. It took a half hour,my older male dog, and a lot of talking to get him out of the car. He is not neutered. He gets along with all of my dogs except the older male. I think he is younger than 2 or 3. He was in the house for less than an hour and his tail was wagging and he was coming around for attention. Rerun, email me if you are really interested in him. I am in Silverton Oh

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
AWESOME !!!!! I came here b/c was gonna call & try to get info. Hated he might be in there around Halloween time. :(

I was tempted. :p I had know idea where Georgetown, OH was. We are about 2 hrs from Cin. area. I too guessed him to be about 1-2 yrs. So glad you saved him.......................... :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I love happy endings. :D

I'm just curious why this time of year is bad for black dogs...? I seem to be missing out on something 'cause everyone else appears to know. :confused:

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Just has to do with sick people doing crazy things to animals & it normally is all bk animals. I just know when I was a kid, I had an all bk cat, let him out around Halloween & I never seen him again. :( I never knew about that stuff then & now wonder if that's what happened to my poor kitty. He was a inside/outside kitty & always came home.

Sick world at times............................

1 - 20 of 24 Posts