German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an almost 9 month old GSD pup who has been ill all weekend. He hasn't eaten anything except some peanut butter since Friday afternoon. He was diagnosed with Gastritis. Any other owners have any experience with this? His is pretty severe. He got some anti-nausea meds, but started throwing up today, so we took him to emergency vet and got a shot of the anti-nausea meds. Tomorrow we have been advised to take him to our normal vet and have them do a barium test. Anyone have any experience with any of this? Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Sorry about your pup. I don't have any experience with gastritis. But I am wondering if the peanut butter could have caused it especially if he could have developed an allergy.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I actually have chronic gastritis myself and my girl Gypsy was diagnosed with acute after we adopted her. You could ask your vet about using Pepcid- it is very effective. The anti-nausea meds are also important but they do not help with inflammation due to stomach acidity. I used one pill twice a day but because you have a puppy you should ask your vet about the dosage.

This is usually due to stress and will go away on it's own. You can try giving your pup massages to help calm down as well.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts