German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
God ... not that there isn't something wrong with it *all* the time, but something even more wrong with a PTS date of 12/24. :(

Poor terrified little girl...

·
Registered
399 Posts
What does it mean when it says "owner contact"?

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Bump!!-I hope she gets a home or rescued. How sad put to sleep on Christmas Eve. She needs a Christmas miracle. She just looks so scared.:(

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Shes not close enough for me to go get her. I have the money to pull right now but she's not close enough! Wishing for a christmas home for this girl!!! she looks so scared.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Okay, GSRA works with this shelter all the time. I found out from our GSRA volunteer in Charlotte who does all our testing down there what the Owner Contact means: This was her response:

That means she was picked up as a stray and is microchipped - they have to hold the dog until they get the certified letter notification back. IF the owner doesn't contact them after receiving the certified letter then she can either be adopted or rescued.

·
Registered
441 Posts
More information from our contact in this area stated as follows:

Called the shelter about this dog. She was turned in - the lady I talked to would not really give me any info -They mailed the certified letter yesterday so they have to hold her until that comes back in. Which could be two weeks or more.

The info on the microchip is outdated so most likely the owners are the ones that turned her in.

She is confined to isolation.
Also, the microchip address is Catawba County - so not likely she will be claimed since the phone number was disconnected

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
"Confined to isolation" sounds like something out of Gitmo......what is the purpose of that? Pic not showing up, at least not for me. I don't know if even the Grinch would be so rotten as to PTS on Christmas Eve.......

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
399 Posts
"Confined to isolation" sounds like something out of Gitmo......what is the purpose of that? Pic not showing up, at least not for me. I don't know if even the Grinch would be so rotten as to PTS on Christmas Eve.......

Hopefully with the help of GSRA, she'll be escaping the Grinch's clutches... We're praying for you girl!!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Pam thanks so much for all you do in posting dogs...I have had problems bringing up the 'generic' Gaston Animal Control link and found it easier to use this link:
Kennel Inquiry
..you can then search for "Rescue" dogs if need be...
Sadly this is a high kill shelter and they dont' last long here
Walton

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I can't seem to get a picture of her, but I just have to add...

I know that alot of dogs are PTS in this Gaston area, it seems like there are alot of posts for shelter animals. It is really sad to me to look at these pictures because on the dogs faces it's like they know they are in danger- they all look terrified.... :( If I ever go there I'm coming home with a dog- I have made a pledge to myself about that already!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
any news on this girl?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yes, I talked to our volunteer yesterday. The letter has NOT come back YET! She feels however this dog will come available. We are full and DO not have open foster space at this time. Our volunteer is NOT allowed to even see her since she is in isolation until the aforementioned clears. Please keep bumping her so we don't forger. Also, I have to say I have fostered 3 dogs from Gaston, they all have been WONDERFUL pulls! They are so grateful and sweet!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
How r they not goign to allow for someone to be ready for her, when he date is in three days to be PTS?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts