1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
bump

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Her time is running out. She needs help before the shelter closes on Monday!!!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
This girl is still in desperate need of help before the end of the day on Monday!!!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
I believe Gaston is closed on Sunday - I am planning on calling Lisa Riviello and Gaston County tomorrow.

Have already alerted Andrea and I am hoping we can accept her into GSRA program.

I will be fostering, provided this little girl can get along with other dogs :) She is so young and listed as an "other" and a "mix" on the site. ugh!

I swear this shelter never gives GSD's a chance... rescue is their only hope. I am hoping I can take her since her last day is tomorrow and she MUST have a committment. Will keep everyone posted...

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
THANK YOU SO MUCH. I have been on the phone with Jen just desparately trying to figure out what to do. They always list GSDs in others. This girl is there and there is a beautiful white one coming up on Thursday.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
There are some great dogs that come through Gaston that never even get a chance. Every dog that shows up that should be considered ultra urgent. Some of the best dogs I have ever had the priviledge to pull have been from Gaston.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Re: Gaston, NC - #2400 F B&T PTS 4/28

Yep - I agree :) I have fostered 3 out of Gaston's "others" section just this year and they have been wonderful dogs... I think there must be someone who just doesn't like shepherds too much at this shelter, so they never get a chance. Probably better that the dogs end up with us in rescue anyway seeing as though this is a rural area/shelter and we see WAY too many GSD's come through there that are not cared for to begin with...

Will update you guys in the morning... I have already reached out to our other GSRA contacts in that area to set up a pull and hold until I get down to that area to scoop her up and bring her to Raleigh. We pull from that shelter often, so I don't anticipate it being a problem, but need some time to talk to everyone tomorrow before I committ 100%.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Re: Gaston, NC - #2400 F B&T PTS 4/28

Bump....

Is this girl going to be ok???

·
Registered
470 Posts
No worries everyone! I called Lisa this morning and little girl is all good to go. :) She will be pulled either today or tomorrow and she has a committment from us and is no danger. She is just a pup - 10 months old and the people that has her made the mistake of giving her the run of the house when they would leave - apparantly, she was a tad destructive... crate anyone??? geez. Sounds like she will do just fine wiith some firm boundaries and crate training. Will keep you guys posted :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts