German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Teddy, is a 8 - 10 year old that needs your help. He was pulled from Gaston Co, GA but there was some confusion on where he was actually going.

Teddy is now in boarding a Vet's office and SueF has taken some great picutres of her and given some additional information. Per SueF

Teddy:

More active and more walking around than Eva, who was more inclined to stand still...hence the "action shots" with Teddy. He also was great with attention, let me touch him all over including his ears which are bad as well, but not as open and red as Eva's. He also enjoyed affection.

Contact Person is Danni. You can PM her or email her from this link.
http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=12022

More Information coming soon.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Thanks again Val!

I got contacted by this person...does anyone know of this person/sanctuary?

Cindy Miller-Olweiler
Angels Among Us Animal Sanctuary
a rescue for senior & special needs dogs
P.O. Box 14
Annville, PA 17003
717-304-9787

Temperment testing is going to be done tomorrow...and still waiting for the final vet information regarding health status. I will help Danni to develop a crossposting after I help the experienced person with temp testing tomorrow so that anyone wanting to crosspost has current and accurate information.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
up you go with your girl.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I agree...hmmm...

One thread worries me in that someone will think they have to be kept together....does that make sense?

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am going to make Teddy and Eva Sticky's, not so they stay at the top, but it the only way to have two threads, but keep them near each other on the board. This is not a normal situation, so I am bending the rules a bit for these two.

Wisc.Tiger - Admin
Val

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
I talked to the vets office today, she said that since the vet did a physical exam, and didnt mention anything to me, that he didnt feel any signs of pregnancy, but would ask the other vet there today just to feel her stomach and see what she thinks. Unfortunately, I have not heard back yet, but they are open till 7. I will call by 6:30 if I still havent heard back. She said I can order an ultrasound and it will run 103.00, that way, we can see if there is puppies in there. I told her to hold off, we need to make sure we have enough for boarding, but to please have the vet call me. Also, I can order bloodwork but its more, as it has to be sent out and all. I asked them if they noticed Teddy jumping on Eva still, to please move them to separate kennels if they can... BUT- they are so full right now.
Alex will be going to do the eval this evening, I am anxiously awaiting the results!

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Hi- These dogs have rescue committment. I have been working on trying to get them transport for this weekend, which is really an obstacle. I have one good lead right now, and I am praying it comes through for them. They have enough boarding to get them through the end of the week- so this pretty much needs to happen this weekend.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
These two need help with transport this weekend or they will not make it. There is someone that might be able to help drive but will need help in order to make this work.

·
Registered
342 Posts
What kind of help is needed is to make this happen??

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Wonderful news!! Miracles do happen!! These two will be picked up from boarding tomorrow by Alex's sister, and she is going to drive them directly to the rescue in Illinois!! They have a foster home waiting for them, will get a vet appointment to re-assess their condition and decide on appropriate treatment, if any, from there. I have asked the rescue to keep in touch with me and update me on Teddy and Eva, and send pictures. Its amazing how much you grow to care for dogs and their safety that you have never met before.
I just want to thank everyone who has donated for their medical and boarding, and I want to thank those who have sent on possible contacts/rescues for me to look at it, and Alex and her sister for being willing to drive them to safety. Its been a very, very long week and a half with these two. My only regret is that I will never get to meet them and hug them, but, I do believe they know somehow that they are loved.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts