German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eva, is a 8 - 10 year old and needs your help. She was pulled from Gaston Co, NC but there was some confusion on where she was actually going.

Eva is now in boarding a Vet's office and SueF has taken some great picutres of her and given some additional information. Per SueF

Eva:

Very nice female....let me touch her all over and rub her head....she nuzzled my hand. Her ears made me cry....these dogs were never cared for. Very nice and didn't shy away at all, even when I was messing with her ears.

The two (Eva and Teddy) are very bonded per the vet workers.

Contact Person is Danni. You can PM her or email her from this link.
http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=12022

Additional information coming soon.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Thanks again Val!

I got contacted by this person...does anyone know of this person/sanctuary?

Cindy Miller-Olweiler
Angels Among Us Animal Sanctuary
a rescue for senior & special needs dogs
P.O. Box 14
Annville, PA 17003
717-304-9787

Temperment testing is going to be done tomorrow...and still waiting for the final vet information regarding health status. I will help Danni to develop a crossposting after I help the experienced person with temp testing tomorrow so that anyone wanting to crosspost has current and accurate information.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Angels Among Us took a couple of dogs from Ohio shelters recently; can't be sure but I think they may have taken the blind senior blk GS that was posted on the Board (maybe Mahoning Co) and there was another dog I called about (not necessarily a GS, I do rescue for all different breeds) and was told told by the shelter that ANgels took him.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I couldn't find a website Ruth.....that is why I asked...she has offered to help these two and she uses herbal remedies along with traditional treatments and is seeing some good results with heavy HW seniors in her care....

Is there a way to link the two threads but keep them separate so that we don't confuse medical info etc?

·
Banned
1,754 Posts
Hi I have a 3rd stage heartworm female that is doing well on a heart valve medicine. unfortunately she is to far passed the treatment stage. She too was a fearful girl that took almost a year to get her to trust me and my wife cathy. She is doing quite well and only shows signs of panting or shortness of breath. As I said we have been treating her with a heart valve med and it does seem to help her. After having her for a year and she showed us that she was a truely happy girl I didn't have the heart to put her down so until that day come for her she will live inside with us and honestly know what it is to be loved and she does show love back. See she came from a breeder that didn't give heartguard preventitive to his dogs. I my book he is a lowlife that should have done to him, what he has done to his dogs and talking about this still angers me to this day. And as of today Atlanta Vonhausmeyer is doing quite well. So there is a life for a 3rd stage heartworm dog even if it can not be treated and every dog in my book deserves to haver that chance to live as much of a full life as possible

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to make Teddy and Eva Sticky's, not so they stay at the top, but it the only way to have two threads, but keep them near each other on the board. This is not a normal situation, so I am bending the rules a bit for these two.

Wisc.Tiger - Admin
Val

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
I have a few more questions for the sanctuary, hoping that maybe (yes, its a long shot, but pray hard with me!!) that we can find someone not too far from there who may be able to go and "visit" the sanctuary for us, get a first hand account, especially if there is no website. I want nothing less than the best for these two, they will not be PTS unless absolutely, medically necessary. Otherwise, we will work till they have the life they deserve, for however long they can.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
I recieved the temp. test last night done on the dogs (Thanks Alex!) and will post info when I get back from the dentist. I did learn that the vets think she is just coming out of her heat cycle. I also asked that some antibiotic ointment go on their ears to help them heal and give them some comfort. I was told that over an inch to 2 inches of their ears had been eaten away!!! I really would like to get my hands on the "person" that did this to them.
There are a few possibilities we are looking into now, I spoke with two people yesterday and have another person to return a call to. One of them is a 501c rescue out of Illinois, they sound great so far... http://www.magnificent-mutts.org/ . I will keep everyone updated on what happens.

·
Banned
1,829 Posts
What are the possibilities that her will become preg, they have been in the same kennel all this time?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Danni, I screen people as part of my volunteerism so I can help with that as well.

Also, my sister is always game to do transports but would need gas paid for. She has transported for several groups and can provide references. VGSR being the main one.

Alex

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Ok, here is the latest update. Both Eva and Teddy will be going to Magnificent Mutts Rescue, in Hillside, Illinois. They will be checked out again by their vet, and as of right now, be given a home to spend the rest of their days in. If for some reason, someone wants to adopt them who has the ability and experience to care for them like they need to, then they will be adopted.
The issue that we are having right now is getting them out of the vets as soon as possible and onto a transport to Illinois. I dont have many contacts out that way, but do have some transport contacts I trust looking into if they can get some help that way for me. Their boarding funding is pretty well gone, and as of right now, we dont have a temp. foster-so we are praying for a couple miracles here- please keep good thoughts coming their way.
If anyone knows of anyone that can help transport, I would be very grateful.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
THANK YOU!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts