German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This lovely girl with no name is scheduled to die tomorrow at the Carson Animal Shelter in Gardena CA. Her stay there has been extended more than once, but no one has come forward to offer her a home. Her photo and newspaper article about her are here - Crying for the dog scheduled to die on Halloween - National Dogs | Examiner.com

I wish I had seen this earlier, because there is so little time left for her. :help: Contact #'s for the shelter are in the link...

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I hate seeing these and wish she were closer. I would foster her till a home was found, but she's more than 3,000 miles away from me and I know transport this far would be impossible:( I'm always willing to foster in the MD, VA, DC area especially in such dire cases though:(

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Listing gone. RIP sweet one, run free at the Bridge - no more worries for you......:( :cry:

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Great news!! This girl has been saved!! Westside GSD Rescue pulled her. She is a very sweet girl, and offered her paw right away to the volunteer who went to assess her. She has been named Isabel, and is out of the shelter. She was originally scheduled to be PTS Friday, but some begging got her a stay for two more days...just enough time to get her out.

I recieved the e-mail from a friend who had been advocating for her!

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I am SO glad she got out!! I was so afraid to open this thread and now I am glad I did. A HUGE thank you to the rescue that got her pulled!!

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:happyboogie::happyboogie::groovy::groovy: I can't believe it! A miracle...... I was so depressed all day thinking about her, and assumed the worst when I couldn't find her on the Carson site......... to see this news is just wonderful. THANK YOU WESTSIDE, you are the best. Wow, good luck to Isabel, moving on to a much better life!

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
www.sheprescue.org

Two beautiful photos of Isabel are now posted on the Westside home page (scroll down to see them.) She is still in need of help for a skin condition, but is offering her paw (precious!!) to all .......:wub:

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts