German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Neuter Nutbags have finally gone full *****. They have almost sealed up every exemptions to the mandatory neuter ordinance with this latest round of legislation. This garbage is just another feather in the cap of the government having lost complete control over everything. No wonder this once great state is in such financial disarray.

Read Here: The nuts and the bolts of it is, unless your dog is participating in a Conformation show, none of the other categories like Agility, Obedience, can be show exemptions. Which means, you neuter your dog.

AKC News - Los Angeles to Consider Mandatory Spay/Neuter on 2nd Impound & Breeder Restrictions on June 18 - Your Opposition Needed!

I spoke with the CARPOC.COM people today via email and they told me that since the animal rights groups pretty much run the ordinances and that there isn't much hope that this will not pass.

The ordinance that will remove the breeding permits and intact dog permits for working dogs is not yet finalized... it has one more hearing (reconsideration) before it is. However, L.A. City, as far as animals are concerned, is run by animal rights groups and their followers. There hasn't been much hope that this ordinance will not be passed.

You can bypass it by having your dog enter conformation shows (Is he from American lines?), because those dogs are still allowed to be intact.

If Florence doesn't contact you soon, please email me and we'll exchange a few emails in order to get you up to date on this situation, the best we can.
Here's the nail in the coffin piece of what I read on the AKC site.

Eliminate the current exemption for dogs that have earned, or if under 3 years of age, is actively being trained and in the process of earning an agility, carting, herding, protection, rally, hunting, working, or other title from a registry or association approved by the Department. The report from the Board of Animal Services Commission indicates that few exemptions have been provided under this section, but they expressed concern about the qualifying guidelines for the registries and the fact that are no accepted professional standards or licensing procedures for animal training that can be used to validate an exemption request.
Absoute garbage.

·
Registered
32,018 Posts
It is total garbage. And this is why I do not like to see the law in Ohio. Once they make a stupid law, then they revise it.

I suppose you can enter a conformation show. I mean, unless your dog isn't registered, you can enter. You may not win, but the law is not requiring wins in conformation, just an entry.

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
I agree. An easy way around it, enter your dog into a dog show. It does not say they have to win.

**word removed so removing comments about the word**

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Yep, I've already had them after me to neuter Dexter or I pay the fine. Right now I am using the fact that my vet won't spay until 6 months. Dexter only has a few weeks left. :(. What bothers me are the people that don't follow the law and register their dogs, the city does nothing about.

I hope you find away to not neuter your dog.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Wow, glad I live in San Diego county! Hope it doesn't work his way here.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, I've already had them after me to neuter Dexter or I pay the fine. Right now I am using the fact that my vet won't spay until 6 months. Dexter only has a few weeks left. :(. What bothers me are the people that don't follow the law and register their dogs, the city does nothing about.

I hope you find away to not neuter your dog.
The problem is they are dysfunctional. Before we even got our dog we called the city to make sure that there was a "fine" to pay and it's ok. They said, "sure you can just pay 80 dollars a year and its ok, you can license the same as anyone else" Well, we go down to the facility and the guy in there with the animal control badge was #1 a complete ass to us, and #2 told us that there is no exception and the dog must be neutered. I left.

·
Registered
27,279 Posts
Be the voice! I wouldn't sit quietly if this was happening in my community. If you make waves the boat will rock. Do it respectfully and with guns loaded full of information. Your representatives are voted into office aren't they?
There is no reason to sit back and let this type of legislation pass without at least a fight.

I've read Anne's(vandal) posts about frustrations and her input with the laws in CA and it must be an uphill battle, but at least you know you didn't let something go thru without standing up for what you believe. The laws that are passed will set a precident for others to model after/which isn't a good thing.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I think everyone is looking at this from the responsible dog owner point of view. The government doesn't see that responsibility point of view when they are putting government money into shelters that are way over populated and that money can be used elsewhere. Yes I'm sure some tax payer money goes to shelter, but that alone is not going to keep them running. The government has to figure out a way to save money and if that means everyone has to neuter their pets to prevent more pets then that is what they feel they need to do. I can only hope one day that so many animals don't have to die and while its sad the government has to intervene, it almost necessary because obviously there are a lot of irresponsible pet owners out there, based on the number of dogs in the shelters. I neuter my dogs, but even if I didn't I would really take what they are trying to do into consideration and not look at it as them controlling us, they are controlling the population that they are paying for.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agreed on the fight, but no one knew about it until just now. I stay pretty in tune with the legislation and this fell right out of a tree. The cut off date for input and hitting back was June 18th. This is one of those things that they are trying to shove through I'm sure. I guess the US Congress isn't the only ones to try and make things happen fast for the agenda.

Truly unbelievable.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Be the voice! I wouldn't sit quietly if this was happening in my community. If you make waves the boat will rock. Do it respectfully and with guns loaded full of information.
The problem with this is that there are pros and cons to everything and there is no one way that is the right way. Its now about the government funds that go to the shelters. I doubt anyone is going to win against that argument. They don't want to spend there money on that anymore and they have found a way to prevent unwanted pets.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Llombardo, I agree with you. The problem is that these kinds of laws have been debunked to them for so long that the folks that fight the legislation even wonder if anyone hears them. Mandatory neuter laws did nothing for pet populations in many areas. There have been tons of fights. They don't listen. They don't want to hear the facts. It's the new war on drugs. No one wants to understand it at the legislation level. I've done quite a bit of research and I am just open jawed that it all falls on deaf ears.

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
It's seems a bit like gun control to me. The lawful citizens, that register/license their dogs/guns are not the problem. It's the ones that don't. And they won't neuter anyway.

Not trying to be political. It just seems that the lawful responsible owners take on the burden of those that aren't.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The core of the point that is made is that the low lifes and poor people who cant afford it, just don't do it. Enforcement is a joke. The irresponsible dog owners don't give a darn about the law. Only the people who want to live by the law neuter their dogs. They're responsible. Their animals are not out wandering the streets. Thats why it doesn't work. The responsible people dont let their dogs run loose because they're responsible. LOL

·
Registered
32,018 Posts
Uhm, tax payers, both individual and corporate fund the government. It is all government monies. Our shelter is privately run on donations, and gets no government funding, save when the dog warden (government employee) houses a stray there for the required number of days.

But our area does not have mandatory speuter here.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Uhm, tax payers, both individual and corporate fund the government. It is all government monies. Our shelter is privately run on donations, and gets no government funding, save when the dog warden (government employee) houses a stray there for the required number of days.

But our area does not have mandatory speuter here.
Right the tax payers fund the government and the government decides where that money goes. Generally you can find this break down, which can include schools, roads, etc. So they are taking money away from the schools to fund shelters full of animals because people were not responsible. Most bigger cities or towns, the animal shelters are not privately run. I can't think of one shelter in my area that is private, rescues are, but not shelters and there are lots of shelters. They cut the workers because money was tight, so now there is not even enough people to care for the animals. They can't pick and choose who is not responsible, so everyone falls under one group. This country is going broke and they need to be able to use the funds more efficiently and that is what they are trying to do. If they bothered to do the follow through with everyone their plan might work and if it works it will spread through the country.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
You can put in a petition to fight. Despite the deadline to fight it. Elected officials are still elected.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Government in general in this country is completely defunct, unaccountable, and completely corrupt. It's no different at the state and county level. Misappropriation and scandals are abound. The cockroaches are running for the dark corners as everyone freaks out that it's all crashing down.

Oh well, no need to make this political, everyone with two eyes and brain can see how badly these public servants have screwed up our country.

·
Registered
27,279 Posts
and thread over

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why thread over? Did I miss something?

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Oh I think I see.

http://www.germanshepherds.com/foru...9-policy-regarding-political-discussions.html

I got news for you, the state of politics is horrible for animals right now and it should be discussed. Yes, right here. Discussed to the point of inciting people to do something because they're mad about it.

Are they saying that because a member of the forum discusses politics in a sub forum that is specifically labeled to post controversial political dog affairs, the moderators are going to lock the thread? The whole sub forum is dedicated to discussing political actions and affecting dog affairs.

"Government legislation, breed ban issues, news stories, etc..."

It would be pretty impossible to discuss government legislation without someone developing a political opinion on the legislation or the bodies implementing such legislation.

I look at the internet as a place where freedom of speech should be protected, so if a forum wants to censor it's members, I wouldn't care to participate in it any how. A forum is nothing short of a bunch of people meeting in a forum to have discussion. A virtual town square. As in real life things will be said that others do not like. If someone censored me for political statements in a political forum on animal rights I'd never visit that site again.

Mods feel free to ban me.

If I get banned it was great speaking to you all.

Thanks!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts