German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting this post for LaurieB.

Gabby was her foster for two years. She was a dog who had never known love, comfort, or a life without fear. Laurie and her family showed her that you can have fun, be treated well, and not asked for anything in return. Gabby gave slow, steady baby step progress.

For anyone who has not lived with a truly fearful dog-one who may never be totally "normal" to other people-there is a beauty in their soul that is their imperfection, in human terms, but is their gift to us as well.

Thank you Gabby and thank you Laurie and family for giving this girl two years of unconditional positive acceptance.

Laurie's daughter took this the morning that Gabby left. She is with her puppy, Maggie Mae. It is a beautiful picture:

Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury,pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
Thank you for giving everything to sweet Gabby. Prayers for you as you go through this difficult time. Lucky Gabby.. to have had you as her loving angel. Now she can be yours. Rest in peace, wonderful Gabby.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I read the other thread just now and I am heartbroken for you at this result. The fact that she was so close to being found is more than very sad but the fact that she was drawn to the scents that meant so much to her is a testament to the love she was given while fostered. She did very well to survive on her own for so long and I believe she was still looking to regain that security which is something to hold dear for a dog with her issues.

RIP,
beautiful Gabby. You were loved and will always be in the thoughts of many people.

G

·
0 Posts
After seeing this post I went to go read her story. Such tragedy! At least for a time she knew happiness and that is more than is given to far too many. Be at peace Laurie. What happened to her was beyond your powers both before and after her time with you. You gave her love and healing for as long as you could and there is much to be said about that. We know who she will be waiting for at the bridge.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
What a heartbreaking story. So tragic. But thanks to Laurie and her family at least Gabby knew love and security for the last two years of her life.

My sympathy goes to Laurie, her family and all those who loved this beautiful girl.

Rest in Peace sweet Gabby, run free at the Bridge.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
I am so deeply saddened to hear of Gabbys loss. Her story has touched at all and my sympathy to Laurie and her family.
Rest in Peace sweet Gabby.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
The fund in Gabby's memory will be for another dog in need and will have nothing to do with Brightstar. Please PM me if interested.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Kathy - could you please post a little more about this?

Who would administer the fund? Is it a one-off, or ongoing initiative? What dogs would be eligible?

Thank you

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
dd I am new at this and have asked Laurie what she would want, I think she needs a little time to think about it.

The wonderful AC man just called me and he has Gabby and will be taking her to get cremated. Danni has made the arrangements for her cremation.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
This is so sad and tragic...

It always makes me wonder why dogs cannot understand that there is a good life out there for them and they undermine their own success somehow. I have seen it happen in rescue in spite of best human efforts.

Gabby was lucky to have two wonderful years, she was lucky to have you Laurie.

Run free pretty girl (what a beautiful picture)...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I just read the full story about Gabby. How sad that she was so close to being found.

Gabby was fortunate to be in a safe place the past two years. Her story may save other dog's lives.

My heart goes out to all of you involved with Gabby.

RIP, dear Gabby.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
After seeing this thread I went to the Rescue Section (Lost & Found) to read about Gabby also. How very, very sad and difficult this must be for Laurie. My deepest sympathies go out to her and all the people who tried to help find Gabby. May she rest in peace and run free at the bridge.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts