German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,335 Posts
does Gabby help you hunting??? One of my pups doubles as a bird dog in hunting season along with owner's hubby's Brittany....

Pretty girl!!!!

Lee

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She does she is great after she stops playing with the other dogs. Most of the guys I hunt with have bird dogs that are only a tool for them, the dogs are constantly kenneled when they get in the field they only know one thing and that is to hunt. Gabby is great alone in a field she will flush and what I call freeze on a bird she does not point. She will find the birds but will take forever to bring the bird back because she does not like the bird in her mouth.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Thank you for updating. Hunting, fly-fishing, lounging... Gabby sure is a fine dog.

I suspect that, in a different era, she'd be that "one good dog" that everyone knew and everyone hoped would have puppies, so they could have their perfect "Gabbys", too.

What's your river hold?

Reactions: Bearshandler

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for updating. Hunting, fly-fishing, lounging... Gabby sure is a fine dog.

I suspect that, in a different era, she'd be that "one good dog" that everyone knew and everyone hoped would have puppies, so they could have their perfect "Gabbys", too.

What's your river hold?
Colorado Wild Browns Cutthroat and Rainbow.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Lucky man. Browns are smarter than me, some days.

CA is just now starting to restore its rivers to their historic flows. Hopefully by the time I retire, our fishery will be flourishing once again.... and I won't have to settle for flyfishing from the shore anymore!

Again, thanks for updating.

Reactions: Bearshandler
1 - 12 of 12 Posts