German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent literally hundreds of dollars on puppy toys and chews. Why on earth does he ignore his kong and chew on concrete? Why does he pass over his floppy octopus to play with bits of wood? WHY IN THE WORLD does he forgo his specially textured, chicken-flavored bone to eat ROCKS? WHY WHY WHY!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Maybe he's very close to nature and doesn't like the plastic things to play with hahah :D

I don't know, my dog would never touch her toys either :rolleyes:
Did you buy the toys in advance or are you trying to get him off of the concrete/sticks with new toys?

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
because he can.... ;)

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
I don't know, I posted in the pictures thread this morning. Video of my two playing with an empty pop bottle.
If you went out and bought concrete for them, they'd play with the Kong......lol.
Why do I bother with toys. ((video))

:confused:

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe he's very close to nature and doesn't like the plastic things to play with hahah :D

I don't know, my dog would never touch her toys either :rolleyes:
Did you buy the toys in advance or are you trying to get him off of the concrete/sticks with new toys?
I bought them all in advance. He's never played with them. I'm certainly not going to buy him new ones if he ignores the ones he's got.

I've got the back door open because it's a gorgeous day, and I've picked up the same nasty, muddy,twisted tree root off my floor and thrown it back out the door no less than five times today.

·
Registered
77 Posts
LOL! I was just having the same rant in my living room last week. My pup will gladly tear into any of my kids toys that he comes across, but wont touch his toys unless I cover them in peanut butter. I don't get it...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Triad chews on other things too. he likes paper and plastic water bottles i think because they are easy to destroy and make sounds do you have any squeekers? maybe you should get a couple if you dont and try that.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Oh yes we have squeaky toys and water bottles. He'd still rather eat concrete and tree roots.
lol ... I have the same problem. Baron likes rocks, twigs/roots, and dirt. I'd think some of his toys would feel better on his teeth compared to hard rocks or twigs. :rolleyes:

Thank God and keeping my fingers crossed that he has yet to find poop appealing. He just sniffs it and keeps on walking, lets hope that continues on. :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sigh. Nate finds more entertainment in the clumps of crab grass he so gladly removes from my yard than he does in any freakin' kong, ball, tug toy, etc.
Puppies are great, but sometimes, I really do want to pop his fuzzy little head like a grape. :)

·
Registered
940 Posts
OMG Xander does that and it drives me bonkers. He has outdoor toys, indoor toys, toys that he got to pick out at the pet store himself (I know, I know), toys from family member's...and sometimes he still chooses to go out back, rummage around in the dirt, get good and muddy, find a piece of [fill in the blank - rock, grass, mud, moss, wood, stick, fence, or my favorite, my internet cable...] and eat it/chew it to bits.

I've even gotten treat balls to release treats (I just put some of his daily kibble in them), another ball within a ball (I've smeared the inner ball with a little peanut butter - keeps him busy for awhile), and bones...but...sometimes mud is apparently just much tastier. :D

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I spent literally hundreds of dollars on puppy toys and chews. Why on earth does he ignore his kong and chew on concrete? Why does he pass over his floppy octopus to play with bits of wood? WHY IN THE WORLD does he forgo his specially textured, chicken-flavored bone to eat ROCKS? WHY WHY WHY!
He respects his momma and knows how hard you work and what a sacrafice it takes for you to spend your hard earned money on him, therefore he is destroying the things that he has found and not the things that cost you money. He thinks that you should be proud of him and find his ability to be thrifty just short of genius.

That is my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
Registered
805 Posts
He respects his momma and knows how hard you work and what a sacrafice it takes for you to spend your hard earned money on him, therefore he is destroying the things that he has found and not the things that cost you money. He thinks that you should be proud of him and find his ability to be thrifty just short of genius.

I love it. I am going to agree with the above :) :D

·
Registered
940 Posts

:D I'll take that too and apply it to Xander - it'll give me some sanity the next time he's eating grass or mud or...whatever he decides to.

·
Registered
800 Posts
:happyboogie:

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Stosh is a stick and edge of the deck kind of guy- at least he can't loose the deck or drag it in the house. I finally picked up all his unused and unloved toys and put them in a paper bag out in the laundry room- now whenever he gets to be alone in there he sticks his head in the bag and drags one out. Maybe you should pick up all of Kopper's toys and 'hide' them from him, then he'll want them

1 - 20 of 31 Posts