German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the original ad and pic in case it gets deleted.

Beautiful White Shepherd mix pup with skin problem needs rescue

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-08-12, 12:36PM EDT

I adopted my pupp sight unseen 4 months ago because they were going to euthanize her at a gassing shelter. She was very ill. She was hardly even able to move around on her own. She was 2 months old and 6 lbs. She is now 30 lbs and 6 months old. Watching her grow has been very rewarding
We have spent $3000 at this point on her vet care. We had to feed her boiled chicken and rice 4 times a day for the first month. We have put so much in to getting her healthy but we have simply run out of funds. We know that we cannot give her the care that she needs. We hate to look to a rescue because I know that they are all very full but she is suffering. We have really had a hard time making this decision. We are going to miss her like crazy.
I really feel let down by all the vets that I have taken her to see. It seems like many of them just want to sell you stuff and then have you come back in 2 weeks to sell you more stuff. We have spent every dime we could come upo with on her vet care and still she is not healthy enough to be spayed.
She has a skin problem. Clavamox seems to clear it up but it comes back in a few days. I think 30 days on the clavamox would probably clear it up for good. Baths also seem to help too.
I believe they think she has a staph infection. We have been spending a couple hundred dollars at the vet every two weeks since we adopted her.
Her skin is getting worse and we simply do not have the money to take her to the vet again. The vet had said we could just call her for more of the anti biotics this time but when I call they tell me that I need to make an appointment. I cannot afford to keep my power on and take her to the vet. I have 2 other shelter dogs and they have always been in great health. They are UTD on shots.
I am terrified that she will get pregnant since she has not been spayed. I don't allow her out side by her self any more. Even though my other dogs are fixed they have been picking on her for some reason. I guess they sense that she is weak.
She doesn't really act like she is in pain. she is a great dog. She is house trained. She knows sit and stay. She does not have any behavior problems. She is very smart. She gets along with everyone. Her best friend is actually a cat. She lived under a house in rural Georgia for the first 8 weeks of her life so she was terrified of humans at first. She did however trust my cat.The instantly hit it off. Through her friendship with him she slowly became more comfortable around people. You would never guess this had even been a problem if I didn't tell you. She is great with other dogs and even small children
She was born to an vnvaccinated ferel mother. This means she had no natural immunity to illness.
The shelter has given me an extension on getting her fixed but it still needs to be done ASAP. It is the law. So we will have to let them know what is going on.
We don't want her to think we don't want her we just want her to get better and we cannot provide her with what she needs.
She really likes to sleep in bed with me and the other dogs so I would prefer a home for her where she can sleep in a bed rather than a crate. I guess it is more important that she gets some help right away.
If you can help please let me know
Thanks in advance.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Can this person get some funding assistance through some of the agencies that help rescues and good samaritans?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
This posting has been deleted from the owner.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She just re-posted today and included this new information:

We would be willing to donate some money in a few weeks when things pick up a little for us. We would also be willing to pay for her spay. We are just in a bad spot right now. It is very important to me that no matter where she goes that she is spayed ASAP.
If you can help please let me know
Thanks in advance. I really wish there was some other way. I hate to burden a rescue right now especially. The German Shepheard Rescue and Rehabillitation has offered to take her but they are in South Carolina and we have no way to get her out there right now. If anyone has any info about transport that may be available please let me know. She will be hightly adoptable once this skin thing clears.

Kathryn

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe someone with transport knowledge could contact this owner and help?

Kathryn

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
She is sooo cute!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts