German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CROSSPOSTED. I HAVE NO OTHER INFORMATION -

Hey Y'all. I just took pictures of this boy and he is a real sweetheart. VERY much like my old guy, Nico and in dire need of someone to cuddle up with. He is very responsive and attentive. But he NEEDS someone to teach him. Jann's daughter found him running free in central GA area and after some basic evaluations we've decided the follow.... Jann named him Big Ben but I think Gentle Ben would work too.

1. He's been running free for awhile. He is VERY underweight and has no collar marks around his neck. And Jann's started feeding him 3 times a day
2. He has been flea biting his rear and has some scratched areas. One picture shows that. Jann put Advantax on him today (Saturday) in case it's a flea issue. She's going to groom him and try to give him a bath tomorrow.
3. His ears and teeth are VERY clean .
4. We estimate his age between 3 and 4.
5. He is INTACT.
6. He responds well to correction and after a few times he responded well to coming back to us when we called.
7. He plays well with Jann's female gsd Belle. You can see her in the background of some of the pictures.
8. He plays well with kids. Jann's daughter put him in the car with her two kids and they loved on him. He was as sweet as can be.
9. He tries to dominate Belle with leg over her back and she lets him know to back off... He complies willingly and goes off in a different direction.

All in all he has the sweetest temperament, he doesn't pull on the leash unless he really wants to follow Belle but a quick "No" brings his focus back to the fact that he is on a leash. A course in obedience would make him into an awesome obedience dog. We don't know about cats... Hasn't been in contact with them yet. We don't know about smaller dogs. Again he hasn't been in contact with them yet.

If interested call Jann Culpepper @ (478) 825-3287 or email me. Pictures that I took today are attached. This boy needs to be rehomed in a foster/forever home ASAP because Jann and I do NOT have funds to foster. This isn't debatable. We've split the price of a 40# bag of dogfood (which neither one of us can afford) and I'm looking into getting a decent price on neutering.

PLEASE helps ASAP.
Becca

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
He's a gorgeous boy! Doesn't look underweight though - looks like a healthy weight to me.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Handsome fella there! Hope he finds a forever home soon...or that he could be a 'foster failure' and could just stay with you :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.