German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Re: GA-9 year old M for free (new spouse is allerg

Geez, giving away your 9-year-old dog that you've had since he was 8 weeks old! I can't even imagine that. I think I'd give away the husband instead!

·
Registered
646 Posts

amen; my ex (note i said ex!) wanted me to get rid of the dog; i told him that i'd had the dog before him and i'd likely have the dog after him...no truer words were spoken

imho, get rid of the husband

·
Registered
2,260 Posts

I would definately get rid of the new spouse, not my dog, it is like giving away your family member because they don't like your new boyfriend, you can't do that, so why give away your dog? I don't understand people like that. Give the new spouse shots.

·
Registered
15,975 Posts

It sounds to me like the allergic spouse is a female -- If they are truly allergic, there may be nothing they can do to be around the dog safely.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I think there is no excuse that is going to be something a 9 year old dog is ever going to get over losing his home. To be in the same home from 8 weeks sto 9 years and then to be re-homed would destroy most people..poor dog.

Kathryn

·
Registered
41 Posts

I find it impossible to believe that the spouse, BEFORE he/she was a spouse, never came into the dog's home for a significant time period. The "allergy" would certainly have manifested itself PRIOR to marriage, and the issue could have been properly addressed at that time, without making the dog suffer.

Speaking strictly for myself, I would NEVER consider getting rid of my dog for a "human." Dogs will never stab you in the back, while humans will do it with a smile on their face and a song in their heart. My dog is a far better friend, and more loyal than ANY human I have ever known.

"Allergies." You bet. The spouse is probably upset at the attention given to the dog, or the dog isn't warming up to him/her as fast as thought necessary. Another stupid, selfish human issue...

(insert gagging emoticon here...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts