German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last month I slowly changed both my dogs over to Wellness Whitefish and Sweet Potato. Ranger (my GSD) had a little digestive trouble but Buzz (my Aussie) had no trouble with the change. I bought a couple small bags from Petsmart to make sure both dogs were okay before I purchased a big bag from Chewy.com. After getting the big bag from chewy both dogs had loose bowels off and an for the entire bag. There were no Wellness recalls so I just kept feeding to try and figure out if the food didn't agree with them or if they were just sick. Finally I called chewy and they are sending a free bag (pretty cool), but in the meanwhile I bought a small bag from petsmart and stopped feeding the original bag from chewy. Well....low and behold both dogs are perfectly alright after just 4 feedings with the new bag. So either there is something wrong with that bag of Wellness or chewy is sending out old food or something. Justwanted to give the heads up for others feeding Wellness.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
I have been buying from chewy since October and have never had a problem with freshness or quality of my food. I went to them because they actually had the freshest inventory of the on line vendors for my product.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input Nancy. It was only my second experience with Chewy and the first time the expiration date on the food was more recent than the food at the pet store. Still it was not as if the food was about to expire. When I called about the second order - the one making my dogs sick - they were wonderful. I was just trying to find out if anyone else had reported problems and they immediately offered a free replacement bag. I thought that was great!

I guess I will be calling Wellness to talk to them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts