German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuzzy, the LC GSD that was recently rescued during the gassing seminar at Gaston Co. NC shelter, has gone missing from his new family's home. If you have any ideas, please contact Jen at 704-996-8898

THANK YOU!

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Probably stuff you already know - but speed is of the essence. The area should be papered with flyers- often using a distinctive color is helpful (copy places have lots of neons) stop every person walking a dog, doing yard work or driving slowly passed and ask them if they've seen him and give them a flyer. Post in places like the grocery store, vet clinics, etc. Check all shelters within a large radius every three days - they need to be checked physically. Few shelters will look for the dog even if you post a flyer and tell them all about it. They just get too many dogs and are too used to nobody looking for them.

Is he microchipped? Tagged?

If you can target an area where he's being seen, sometimes a live trap can work.

There are some good links... let me find them...

Here's one to start with

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know the whole story....but supposedly (no comments please, I have already said them) the dog was crated in the garage in a metal crate with the door cracked..and Fuzzy got out of the crate and under the garage door....

They have posters everywhere....and I have told Marcie, who called me, about the vets and ACs.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He is not microchipped, but he is wearing a collar and tags.

If anyone wants to call Jen and talk to her, I know she would be appreciative.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The past few days haven't been overly hot....and it is nice at night.

I never heard from Jen, her name was given to me after she pulled Fuzzy, but she never contacted me...I had emailed her. I really hate to hear about this....

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Sue, have you heard anything more today? Did they post for help on the internet anywhere so we could follow any progress or help in any way?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haven't gotten an update today....and no idea if they have posted. I haven't heard from Jen myself....

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fuzzy was spotted!

Fuzzy, the LC GSD that was rescued at the last minute from Gaston County Animal Control, got out of his kennel and has gone missing from his new home. He was found missing Saturday morning (Aug. 16th) morning in the Ballantyne area of Charlotte, NC. He was spotted this morning in the Ray Rd. area…. He is not microchipped, but he was wearing a collar and tags before he escaped. If you have any ideas or information, please contact Jen at 704-996-8898

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Fuzzy was spotted!

Fuzzy was spotted by someone on Ray Road this morning… both Jen (the foster mom) and his new family have been looking almost non-stop for him. There are signs posted everywhere, and she has an ad in the paper today. Because Ballantine is close enough to Lancaster, York and Union Counties, we need to check their AC websites too for Fuzzy in case he is picked up. Union County DOES NOT take pictures of their pets to post online, but the other counties do, so please help keep your eyes out on those websites in case Fuzzy travels far enough to get picked up there.

Jen called Marcie morning and both she and the new family are out in the area he was spotted in. Please pray Fuzzy will be found safe… we are all just devastated about this…Fuzzy's new family loves him very much, and had no idea he could get out of the kennel which he literally broke apart. He had been in their bedroom, but was so full of energy after midnight he couldn't settle down so they crated him only then in the garage with the door slightly cracked.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts