German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a fursaver for Odin, anyone have any sites/collars they would recommend that are both good in quality and decent on price? Any brands/types I should stay away from? I kind of like the look of brass but i'm really not too terribly picky.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I'm looking to get a fursaver for Odin, anyone have any sites/collars they would recommend that are both good in quality and decent on price? Any brands/types I should stay away from? I kind of like the look of brass but i'm really not too terribly picky.
We've gone through many HS fursavers for Nara, starting with the stainless steel one because it's supposed to be the strongest. Later on I figured that the brass would look better on her, and it did. The problem was that these two discolored her neck fur and made it darker. I had been eyeing the curogan one because it's a nicer "red" than the brass, and the perk is that it is not supposed to discolor the fur like their other colors/materials. She now wears the curogan with pride, looking sharp! And Nara would never break any of them, so getting the stainless for strength was really a waste of time/money.

How I found the cheapest site was to:

1. figure out what color, thickness and size you want to buy
2. google "herm sprenger curogan (or whatever color) fursaver"
3. look at the first 5-10 sites that pop up to ensure they have exactly what you're looking for (size, thickness, color)
4. add up the cost of the fursaver and shipping/handling expenses and compare to the other sites to determine the overall cheapest
5. I would also check the location of the company to see which one was closest to the state I live in to potentially get it faster. This might not be a factor in your choice if you're more patient than I was. Haha.

That was about it! Good luck and happy huntin'!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The curogan ones look really nice, now if I can figure out what size I want I should be all set. :p I don't really want something that's going to rub off on my dog, even if he is a bit darker. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts