German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newer GSD mom here, my boy is 11 months and is starting to shed his winter coat(mainly by his back legs and upper neck)
I have a furmintor long hair deshedding tool. I feel like it snags/hurts him since I can hear the metal scrapping his fur(if that makes sense) is this normal? I don't want it to be hurting him or ruining his coat. He is not super long but still pretty furry. Any tips on using this would help! I also have a two sided brush with metal bristles and the other side is the thick black part. Thank you!
please no negative comments

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have nothing positive to say about the furminator; therefore I won't post anything negative

I use a double rake, pet teezer, zoom, a good dandy/horse brush and the best thing since sliced bread... a blower.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,278 Posts
Furminators are useful if applied carefully.If you're too enthusiastic with it you can strip your dog bald.The sound you're hearing is the blade in the top of the comb cutting the fur.

·
Registered
577 Posts
True. You brush your dog with a regular comb first to make sure he doesn't have any knots or rough areas first. I hear that sound all the time, and I think it's just a normal scrapey sound the brush makes. Just don't push down too hard. And make sure your dog isn't showing signs of discomfort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts