German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have a medium size Furminator, and I love it. (I use it on my 1 yr old GSD, but I got it when he was really small, which is why I bought a medium instead of a large, at the time. Personally, I kind of like the medium - I have a little more "control" when working on the tricky areas, like his tail (he's a long-coated GSD), and around his ears, etc. A large would probably be fine, but I have no problems w/a medium. You might want a medium, b/c I think you could use it on your cats and GSD both (and they are pricey!!!). JMO.

I don't use mine every week. I use a Chris Christensen T-pin brush on Kodee most of the time (almost daily - mostly over his body), and then about once a week to get tangles out I use a wide-toothed metal comb (on his hind leg "feathers" and around his ear fluff). Every once in a while I use the Furminator over his body, and I do notice that he looks "sleeker" afterwards (even with a longer coat). It helps tremendously w/the fluffy undercoat. But I've heard that if you use the Furminator too much, it can damage the outer coat. Haven't had that happen, but like I said, I don't use it all the time.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Cool! I love ordering new stuff for Kodee Bear. A word of warning - sometimes I brush Kodee in the kitchen w/the pin brush, and I can just pull the hair out of the brush and put it in the trash. But if you use the Furminator - do it OUTDOORS! LOL! The undercoat tha comes out is so fine and fluffy it goes everywhere, as it does not stick in the Furminator teeth.
Just a tip!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.