German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
I thought it was funny. But the middle "alien" looks happy to me.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
Why shouldn't Christians feel just as offended at Muslims when the one they put above all others is mocked or photoshopped into a dog rear end and called funnier?

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
It's a joke. People should spend less time getting riled up about stuff like this and mmore about things like child abuse, starvation, and poverty. :rolleyes:
Jesus shouldn't be made into a joke, not like that, nor any other religious figure.

Seeing broken bleeding GSDs made into a joke wouldn't make you happy. Some things are just offensive. Sorry. I'm offended by that. Some people think that seeing people fall on ice is funny. Some people think watching critters in pain is funny. Some people think watching a pug charging an k9 is funny. Pointing out that something is offensive or dangerous, or sad or mean, well, sometimes, people have to point it out, or people just don't think.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
GSDs are a real, breathing, living thing. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but to me, there is no proof that Jesus was real. So to me, it was funny. That is a straw man argument to compare bleeding GSDs to a figure that not everyone 'believes' in. That picture wasn't "dangerous". Offensive is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I don't poke fun at people's beliefs, but that doesn't mean I get my panties in a wad over people who do.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
GSDs are a real, breathing, living thing. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but to me, there is no proof that Jesus was real. So to me, it was funny. That is a straw man argument to compare bleeding GSDs to a figure that not everyone 'believes' in. That picture wasn't "dangerous". Offensive is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I don't poke fun at people's beliefs, but that doesn't mean I get my panties in a wad over people who do.

It is about respect. Jesus was a real, living, breathing person and history bears that out. Whether he was/is the son of God, and/or God, is where there may be contention, but that he lived, and that he was executed the way he was, is just a matter of record.

Making fun of him, is a slap in the face to those who are Christians. People imprison and kill people over insults on their religion. But Christians aren't even supposed to take offense.

Whatever. That photo is in poor taste.

People get their panties in a wad about all sorts of things that I cannot figure out why it is so important. I guess I am entitled to get mine in a wad about something that is very important to me.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
I thought, yeah...looks like Jesus, I laughed, I didn't think about photoshop- thought was a fluke...more so the fur looking like the cloak.

Was not intended to offend at all! So I apologize to any who find it offensive...if you want to hit the report button to have it removed...please.

Perhaps bad judgement

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
It is about respect. Jesus was a real, living, breathing person and history bears that out. Whether he was/is the son of God, and/or God, is where there may be contention, but that he lived, and that he was executed the way he was, is just a matter of record.

Making fun of him, is a slap in the face to those who are Christians. People imprison and kill people over insults on their religion. But Christians aren't even supposed to take offense.

Whatever. That photo is in poor taste.

People get their panties in a wad about all sorts of things that I cannot figure out why it is so important. I guess I am entitled to get mine in a wad about something that is very important to me.
Where?

Nvmnd. I know what your answer will be but it is not sufficient for me. I will leave it at that.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
Where?

Nvmnd. I know what your answer will be but it is not sufficient for me. I will leave it at that.
I never do mind anybody in particular.

Many sources, Christian, Jewish, Roman, and Gnostic have recorded mention of Jesus. Most scholars agree that he did indeed live, had followers, and was executed by the government.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I never do mind anybody in particular.

Many sources, Christian, Jewish, Roman, and Gnostic have recorded mention of Jesus. Most scholars agree that he did indeed live, had followers, and was executed by the government.

Ok. I really wanted to leave this alone. And I will. But um. NO. Most SCHOLARS most certainly DO NOT agree that he lived. In fact, there is no verifiable evidence at all. The Apostle Paul lived far after the time Jesus would have, and the first mention of him ever is in Flavius Josephus in The Antiquities of the Jews. Based upon *cough* scholarly research, even this is doubtful, based upon the fact that he was not Christian. I did actually study with scholars the subject of religion.

And since this will likely get this thread closed, I will stop now. But I urge you, if you are inclined, to actually study the origin of your religion. You might be surprised if you are open to facts vs hearsay.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts