German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick story my next door neighbor has a gsd that loves to come over and spend time with Bella and my family he's such a wonderful boy and we just adore him to bits, his family hardly spends time with him seeing as they are busy with work and other matters... We dog sat him about 2 months back and he fit in perfectly as if he was always a part of our family we played constantly and had a blast, we offered to buy him seeing as poor Diesel was not getting his needs fulffulfilled but they would not part with him... So tonight around midnight we hear a bark from outside our window and me and the hubby are like who's that we look out our front door and it's Diesel from three houses down and were like Diesel is that you and he gets all happy and runs in our house, they leave him outside pretty much all day and night and he broke threw his fence and made a beeline straight for us :D made us feel really good that he loves us and wanted to be with us... I went to tell the owners and they were in disbelief that he was over here...I'm still so shocked and amazed that with all the houses he came to ours :)

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I was tempted to keep him :(, I can't blame him for not wanting to be all alone but the hubby didn't want them to get upset or anything not they would mind I'm sure, but people can sometimes be funny..

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
LOL a friends heeler used to do that. She'd get let outside, do her business and then hop her fence and come bark at my window. Her owner actually offered to give her to me (he adored her but she clearly wanted to be elsewhere despite being spoiled rotten!) but my mom said no using the excuse she was allergic to dogs (total BS). Casey was awesome. She would run and jump into my arms and we'd spend hours just playing in my yard or out walking. She spent a few nights in my room just hanging out when her owner had to work overnight.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Poor Diesel. They were lucky he didn't just run away. He could have seen a squirrel or cat. Chased them then he's gone......

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Poor Diesel. I feel sorry for him.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kz I have tried and tried to get them to give him up but the husband says he could never live without him smh for what he never spends time with him the poor dog watches me walk my dogs and stares at us and barks till I go up to him and Talk to him :)

Fade2Black... my hubby said the same thing, he sure got lucky he came to us or he would be minus a dog and luckily nothing bad happened to Diesel it's a dark street and cars speed like maniac's.

Wetdog I do too :( I wanted to give him the live he deserves but what can I do, the wife tells me how if it were up to her she'd let him go in a Heartbeat she really doesn't care for him but the hubby just can't and won't do it...

·
Registered
423 Posts
Give Diesel a hug from all of us when you get the chance....

Being a guy I actually understand the husband and not wanting to let Diesel go. Guys want our stuff. Like 20 year old concert t-shirts. Or ripped pants. An old car etc. He probably does love him but he's just an idiot not giving him the attention Diesel deserves. He might not even realize it....Your best bet is the wife keeps nagging him. Or maby if they move one day. The husband being tired from hearing about getting rid of Diesel. He might consider it since he won't see him every day to remind him......Maby you can kind of hint around to the husband Diesel needs attention from him. Something might click in his noggen....

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Give Diesel a hug from all of us when you get the chance....

Being a guy I actually understand the husband and not wanting to let Diesel go. Guys want our stuff. Like 20 year old concert t-shirts. Or ripped pants. An old car etc. He probably does love him but he's just an idiot not giving him the attention Diesel deserves. He might not even realize it....Your best bet is the wife keeps nagging him. Or maby if they move one day. The husband being tired from hearing about getting rid of Diesel. He might consider it since he won't see him every day to remind him......Maby you can kind of hint around to the husband Diesel needs attention from him. Something might click in his noggen....
Haha that's actually what we have been doing showing him how much he loves to interact with us and reminding him if anything changes we will gladly take Diesel in a second :) we told him the door is always open...

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
---------"the wife tells me how if it were up to her she'd let him go in a Heartbeat she really doesn't care for him but the hubby just can't and won't do it..."-----

Hummmmm, somehow, I have a feeling that this may have much more to do with the situation than the husband's "love" of the dog. More to do with ego and getting his own way than what is good for the dog.

Please continue to be be nice to Diesel, and leave the door open for him if things change. Maybe you could bring your dogs over to play with him in the yard once in awhile.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I saw this and was like uh..... We didnt have any play dates, Diesel is not a playful guy... Then I realized it was about someone else. Makes me sad to hear :( Happy he has your family to at least get some attention and love from!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
---------"the wife tells me how if it were up to her she'd let him go in a Heartbeat she really doesn't care for him but the hubby just can't and won't do it..."-----

Hummmmm, somehow, I have a feeling that this may have much more to do with the situation than the husband's "love" of the dog. More to do with ego and getting his own way than what is good for the dog.

Please continue to be be nice to Diesel, and leave the door open for him if things change. Maybe you could bring your dogs over to play with him in the yard once in awhile.
Absolutely my door is always open for him ( I hold a special place in my heart for him ) I do bring him over 1 every 2 weeks so that we can play fetch and spend some time together with Bella and Gatticus & the kids he just loves being with everyone and everyone adores him minus the cats lol :D I should probably spend more time with him but it's hard to do with all that's going on in my house, but I will definitely try and make more of an effort b/c I just breaks my heart seeing a dog so full of life with no purpose or meaning... I will bring him over tomorrow if it's not raining like today and take some pics of this beautiful boy having fun...

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Diesel is very lucky to hav eyou guys. I hope and pray he gets to be yours soon and that he stays safe in ther meantime.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I saw this and was like uh..... We didnt have any play dates, Diesel is not a playful guy... Then I realized it was about someone else. Makes me sad to hear :( Happy he has your family to at least get some attention and love from!
No not your Diesel lol my kids even Talk to him at the fence and so do I when walking our pups , so he never goes unnoticed with us and never will.. here's a pic of him from our last play date and I'll take newer ones tomorrow

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
I think he is a very handsome guy!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts

Wow. What a great looking dog! I think I'd be taking a handful of cash to this guys front door when it's just his wife around and just buy the dog from her. LOL!! It's a shame he is puting himself before the dogs wellbeing.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Wow. What a great looking dog! I think I'd be taking a handful of cash to this guys front door when it's just his wife around and just buy the dog from her. LOL!! It's a shame he is puting himself before the dogs wellbeing.
I know right, when I Talk to his wife I tell her that my offer still stands but she just has to convince her hubby lol, I wish he would just do what's right for the dog and put his needs to the side but he just doesn't get it, now we're on full on summer here and he's out in this heat all day long (poor baby) and not to mention the mosquitoes and not being on heartguard or something is making me sick with worry, I know I shouldn't worry not my dog but I do b/c that's just me... I hate when people proclaim a love for animal and then treat it as if it were a throw away pet...

Makes me mad :mad: but what more can I say that I haven't already...

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I know right, when I Talk to his wife I tell her that my offer still stands but she just has to convince her hubby lol, I wish he would just do what's right for the dog and put his needs to the side but he just doesn't get it, now we're on full on summer here and he's out in this heat all day long (poor baby) and not to mention the mosquitoes and not being on heartguard or something is making me sick with worry, I know I shouldn't worry not my dog but I do b/c that's just me... I hate when people proclaim a love for animal and then treat it as if it were a throw away pet...

Makes me mad :mad: but what more can I say that I haven't already...

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ha-ha Sorry If I posted twice my phone went a little crazy...

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Wow, that is one gorgeous dog! Since he is friendly, I would be afraid someone would steal him if he's left outside.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts