German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on my experience just now, I was thinking we could all contribute to really useful -- and funny -- tips for other dog owners. All those things that we've learned the hard way; often things we should have known better, if we were paying attention, mostly....

I'll start:

I have learned that if you feed your dogs fish jerky or other fish-based treats and you keep them in your pockets, you need to make extra sure (like double and triple check) that your pockets are empty before you put your pants in the laundry. Otherwise, you will end up with smelly laundry when it comes out of the dryer. And, um, that smell does not come out once it's baked in.
(I'm on my second bottle of Febreze....)

I've also learned that if you have lever-style doorknobs on the doors to your house, you need to keep them locked if you have a GSD, even if he's never opened a door before. He WILL figure it out one day when you're on the other side of the door. Just like that, he'll be there at your side, smiling: "Hi Mom, Hi Dad. What are we doing? I'll help." Same with a sliding glass door/screen. It's just a matter of time.

Next?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I have learned that if you pull a chair near a bay window and sit with your coffee, your GSD will pull one next to you and sit on it and watch the squirrels in the yard and also want a sip (or slurp)of your coffee

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
I have learned that if you have not exercised your gsd's yet and it gets real quiet in the house, you need to get up and check on everyone, NOW.

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
If your dog loves to swim, make sure all doors to the kitchen are closed BEFORE the dog gets wet. This especially applies if you have wool area rugs and children who forget to close the screen door, forget the dog is wet, forget how to say 'Morgan stay in the kitchen' - which she does happily as long as someone actually tells her!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts