German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive noticed my Bella developed some waves or crazy hair on her back near her tail. I just gave her a bath and combed the heck out of it but its still crazy !!!!??? Its the only spot on her that does this. Anyone ever heard of this?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I've had several who got wavy hair across their shoulders and down their back a little ways, but it wasn't until they were maybe 7-8 years old, and it stayed.

Susan

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thats completely normal, some dogs get it others don't, my Suzy doesn't but her half sister does, for some it comes with older age and others younger, nothing to worry about or think its a sign for anything totally normal and all depends on the dog

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I kinda thought there wasn't a problem with it or that it caused a problem. Her skin looks ok under the hair. Do you guys do anything or use any hair products to get the waves out ?

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
When I read the title of this thread I thought it could be about me! :grin2:
Seriously, Valor has a bit of a wave in his fur on his upper hip at his tail. The rest of him is smooth. Gives him a bit of character! :smile2:

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I kinda thought there wasn't a problem with it or that it caused a problem. Her skin looks ok under the hair. Do you guys do anything or use any hair products to get the waves out ?

It's a natural thing, why would you want to get the waves out?

Susan

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Lisl has wavy fur on her on the rear of her back for about ten inches ahead of her tail. She's always had it but it was wavier when she was a young pup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts