German Shepherds Forum banner

Full german shepherd?

660 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  McGloomy 
#1 ·
8.5 week old german shepherd. Adopted her two days ago. She was nervous about me and my family at first, hiding under the table and whining. She's since warmed up to us, wants to be around me constantly, sleeps in a crate next to my bed and has been adjusting to that well. She doesnt seem to be scared persay, but she does seem timid and whines a lot when she is taken outside, whines a lot when she is playing, and seems a bit hesitant about life right now... cant blame her.. just being taken from her pups and kids! Should she be more confident from the start or does this sound like pretty normal behavior?
Lastly, does she look like a purebred shepherd? I love her either way 😍
She goes to the vet today for a full check up and her shots/worming, I will mention the whining there too.
Thanks! : )

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like 100% shepherd to me.The whining will fade away as she settles in to her new life.Try not to overwhelm her with attention especially when she's whining.An old expression "You get what you pet" applies here.Cute pup!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.