German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We used to buy frosty paws in the freezer section of the grocery store for Panzer. Then I got this recipe which he likes a lot better, tastes pretty good and is good for him.

32 oz. of vanilla yogurt, 2 tbs. peanut butter, 2 tbs. honey, and mashed banana. Mix together and then separate into freezer containers and freeze. You can sub. a lot of different fruits for the banana. We have done strawberries and cherries.

Panzer goes nuts for them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/13_puppy.gif

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey, thanks for the receipe! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/18_thumb.gif I buy my boys frosty paws, but they are like $.75 a piece. Bet I can make them for a WHOLE lot less than that.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are quite welcome.
The reason I posted the recipe is because not only is it good for dogs, but much more affordable than the store version. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/01_smile.gif

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Thank you!! My 4 love Frosty Paws. If you were to open my freezer that is all you would see, especially during the summer. I can't even say the words, I have to say FP or they will coming running.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dog was like that with FP's, but he likes this recipe even more. We call this ice cream and he LOVES it. When I give it to him he must be in the grass and in the down position. He automatically does it when he sees me coming with it

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you!! My 4 love Frosty Paws. If you were to open my freezer that is all you would see, especially during the summer. I can't even say the words, I have to say FP or they will coming running.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just bought some last night for Dallas......He knows what the box looks like....good grief! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/08_rolleyes.gif This sounds good, easy and a lot cheep er than FP.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I made these yesterday and gave Dallas one last night. He loved it! Ate it just like a FP and had the same look on his face. Cost: .12 each. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/05_biggrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/18_thumb.gif

Thanks for the recipie!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks for a great recipe! It has been over 100+ for a month now and my Heidi loves this recipe even though she is an indoor dog these days. I opened the freezer yesterday to get something and she dove right in and grabbed one and ran! Next time I will make double batch!

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
she dove right in and grabbed one and ran

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/30_nono.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/33_rofl.gif

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Frosty paws are frozen treats for dogs. They come in plastic cups much like the individual ice cream cups that come with the wooden spoon that kids eat. They come 4 to a box and I used to get them at the grocery store. Now I make the above recipe instead. Much better for the dog.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I made these for my dogs -- I left out the honey and added a little extra peanut butter. Froze them in ice cube trays and they LOVE them! The ice cube trays are easy -- pop them and store in a ziplock. Definitely more healthy and cost effective than frosty paws, or an occassional ice cream run!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
***Bump***

Since summer is just around the corner, I figured I would bump this back up. Dallas absolutly loves this recipe.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
We used to buy frosty paws in the freezer section of the grocery store for Panzer. Then I got this recipe which he likes a lot better, tastes pretty good and is good for him.

32 oz. of vanilla yogurt, 2 tbs. peanut butter, 2 tbs. honey, and mashed banana. Mix together and then separate into freezer containers and freeze. You can sub. a lot of different fruits for the banana. We have done strawberries and cherries.

Panzer goes nuts for them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/13_puppy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been using this recipe for Frosty Paws for years. The only thing I do differently is I make it in one large bowl, then after it's frozen I give each of the Hooligans a few spoonsful in their bowls and I eat the rest - it's really a tasty treat for both man and beast.

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
If you want to add another flavor: mix a 1:1 ration of canned Pumpkin (NOT the pie mix) and Yogurt put in small containers and freeze. Our Big Lots have these little rubbermaid bowls with lids that they sell 4 in a pack for $.99 which make for a nice serving for the dogs.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Since I have to go grocery shopping this weekend anyway I can't wait to buy the ingredients and give it a go. Sean is "very" food motivated so I'm sure he'll love frosty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/31_paw.gif Thanks again for the recipe.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts