German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you know on this forum that I lost my beloved Enya to Anaplasmosis a couple of months ago. Since our loss, our breeder blessed us with a new puppy. We named her Grace and now Grace and Enya's brother Dakota are becoming best of friends. . . but here is my question. Both dogs are inside dogs, but we live in a rural area in Connecticut. I have had my dogs on Frontline Plus, but I still find ticks on them. Grace, the puppy had two ticks on her this week . . . we pulled them off within hours of thier attachment, but I am so **** afraid of any TBD getting my dogs. I would never want to lose another dog to one of these **** pests. Does Frontline work? Is there a better product? The dogs must be picking up the ticks from the yard since they do not go into the woods (invisible fence). We check them everytime they come in . . . I am just so worried about them . . . any advice would be appreciated on this product or alternative products. Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jakoda:

Here is a picture of Grace I took last night as she attempted to get through the cat door . . . she is adorable! Thanks for the tick advice, I am just so **** afraid after losing Enya to Anaplasmosis.

Thanks,

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Lisa T and Stosh: Good to hear from of you and I hope that you are doing well. I also wish both of you a Happy Thanksgiving. I thought about trying the Advantix, but I read a report that it wears off quickly. I was also reading that the way Frontline works is that it kills the tick within 24-48 hours after attachment? With TBD transfer the article also said that it breaks the "disease cylce" by killing the tick . . . can this be true or just a bunch of hoopla?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Bianca . . . it looks like I will be switching to Advantix . . . I have 16 viles of Frontline Plus remaining . . . apparently they are going on EBay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts