German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered Frontline Plus for my GSD. It was from a Canadian pet supply company (Total Pet Supply) and, it turns out, the product is actually from Australia. Made by Merial (same as the U.S. product), but the ticks controlled are different ("brown dog" and "paralysis"). Is this something of concern in terms of controlling deer ticks, etc, as found in the U.S.? I know Australia has different species of animals not found elsewhere, but aren't ticks the same worldwide? An analogy would be that Raid will kill flies here in the U.S. or anywhere in the world, afaik. I sort of doubt that Merial would spend millions to develop a different formula for down under.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Same same. I order Revolution from Australia and have ordered frontline from them as well. The only difference I have noted is the weights are in Kg instead of lbs.

Plus the tube is not see through like the U.S. version is.

Unless there is some big secret I don't know about, there is no major difference I am aware of.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I've been using FRONTLINE PLUS from Australia the past few years with good results. I had problems earlier this year with a flea infestation. I ran out and picked up the FRONTLINE PLUS from my vet - it didn't work. I've read that FRONTLINE PLUS has been losing its effectivness - fleas are getting immune to it. I switched to COMFORTIS for fleas but still use FRONTLINE for ticks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
VA_GSD....Did you use the Frontline from Total Pet Supply? I just received an order and noticed it was different from my the Frontline I usually order. I've been hesitating trying it on my dog after reading the epa comments on counterfeits. So I've been searching from people who have tried it, just to calm my nerves. My husband told me to try it on our Golden first, if nothing happens to him then put in on the Shepherd. NICE GUY, LOL.

·
Registered
2 Posts
One more thing, I believe the other 2 posts here, it's just I don't trust Total Pet Supply because they didn't disclose it was an Australian product, when other online resellers do disclose it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts