German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I let my puppy play with the Golden Retriever next door the other day... Yesterday my neighbors were bathing and grooming their dog, i went over and saw a massive ammount of fleas on their dog..
I immediately went home and checked my pupp. she had about 15 fleas on her... I was soo
that they hadnt found them sooner and allowed her outside to play with other dogs.

I went to the pet shop and bought her flea spray, and a comb.
I also had previously ordered Frontline + but it hasnt got here yet

should i return it and get something else or will it work? I never heard anything bad about Frontline. but another post had people saying it didnt work?

Any help would be appreciated. I want to get it on here as soon as it gets here and will switch to Revolution or Comfortis when i get to the vet but until then will Frontline do the job?

Chris
PS puppy is 16wks.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Frontline hasn't been great for my dog. I am switching for her dose next week to Revolution.

That said, I think it depends greatly on the dog. Some people love it. If you already paid for it, give it a shot. You can always switch the following month.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Frontline and Advantage did not work for my crew... Comfortis has worked and can be used once pups reach 16 weeks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have my two on Advantix; helps with fleas, ticks & mosquitos. I haven't had a flea or tick yet this year. (knock on wood!) The mosquitos still swarm them though...

Actually, last time I was at my vets there was a lady in looking for Frontline & the Vet Tech told her they did not carry it anymore b/c people were complaining it did not work. So they started using Advantage and did not seem to have as many complaints. I've never used it; Kane was on Advantix all last year & Kaiya started it last month.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts