German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6 year old GSD and she has (knock on wood) never had any real medical issues. Two weeks ago we went of vacation and left her with a dog boarder. According to the lady, Nala ran around the yard, was playful the entire time she was there. When we picked her up and took her home she wouldn't get up. It was the saddest thing. For about a day and a half she just lied in bed, wouldn't even lift her head when we called her. After a couple of days she got back to normal, and I have no idea why she did that.

Now about 3 days later, I took her to play fetch. She ran several sprints while fetching her ball, and ran home without any signs of injury. She went to sleep, and when she woke up she had a very noticeable limp on her front leg. This was yesterday, and today she still has the limp. She shows no other signs of being in pain - she runs around the house, is energetic, and is eating just fine. I did my own physical on her and moved her legs in every possible direction, squeezed all over, and she didn't react to anything. I plan on taking her to the vet but I wanted to see if anyone had any idea what it could be? I'm not sure if the first paragraph is related to her limp, I included that part just in case.

Thanks!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I think a vet visit with a thorough exam would be best for her now. Internet forums can't accurately diagnose health
problems so you're safest thing would be to get her checked out.

I'm sorry you've had these problems and hope she's on the mend soon.

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
I have a 6 year old GSD and she has (knock on wood) never had any real medical issues. Two weeks ago we went of vacation and left her with a dog boarder. According to the lady, Nala ran around the yard, was playful the entire time she was there. When we picked her up and took her home she wouldn't get up. It was the saddest thing. For about a day and a half she just lied in bed, wouldn't even lift her head when we called her. After a couple of days she got back to normal, and I have no idea why she did that.

Now about 3 days later, I took her to play fetch. She ran several sprints while fetching her ball, and ran home without any signs of injury. She went to sleep, and when she woke up she had a very noticeable limp on her front leg. This was yesterday, and today she still has the limp. She shows no other signs of being in pain - she runs around the house, is energetic, and is eating just fine. I did my own physical on her and moved her legs in every possible direction, squeezed all over, and she didn't react to anything. I plan on taking her to the vet but I wanted to see if anyone had any idea what it could be? I'm not sure if the first paragraph is related to her limp, I included that part just in case.

Thanks!
A vet visit would be in order but for limping have the vet check the foot, shoulder and neck as well. Good luck and let us know what the outcome is. Hopefully she is on the mend soon and it's nothing serious.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts