German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,284 Posts
so sorry this is happening to your girl, it surely sounds like something she should have evaluated by a vet, and probably the sooner the better. i don't want to venture a guess about what this could be, but anytime a shepherd has problems with any of their legs giving out, causing any kind of instability, especially one ending in a fall, is a potentially very serious issue.

in the meantime, i'd immediately stop any kind of ball playing or chasing, and be very, very careful with any unsupervised exercise, because any compromise in coordinated mobility could injure her in some other way.

good luck in finding out what this is. i have a 8 year old and a 7 year old. unfortunately this is the beginning of the time that we have to start to worry. take care. welcome to the board, lots of knowledge here.

oh, and probably hold off on the yearly vaccine. can cause difficulties in a dog whose health is already compromised in any way. you might also want to read (on this board and other places on the internet), new thoughts/feelings about yearly vaccinations/boosters.

· Registered
6,284 Posts
please let us know how your girl is doing...and what her problem has turned out to be. thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.