German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Australian Shepherd puppy is 12 weeks old. Right now I'm feeding Fromm's lg breed puppy gold variety which is what the breeder had him on.
I can't buy that local but I can get Holistic selects lg breed puppy. The rest of my dogs are on the Holistic selects duck formula and do well on it.

I could order the Fromm's and have it delivered, but there's not really any price savings for me.

Is the Fromm's that much better of a food that I should keep him on it ,or is the Holistic Selects comparable to it? From what I see they look comparable but I"m not an expert on puppy food.

My other question is, do I really need lg breed puppy. My GSD Frank couldn't tolerate any puppy food and switched to adult early.

I'm expecting Rowdy (my Aussie ) to be about 50-65 pounds. Dad is 22 inches, 62 pounds with a very stocky build. Mom is a slighter built 19 inches and about 45 pounds. Rowdy is already looking to follow in Dad's foot steps in build.
Thanks
Jodi

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Since you want to buy local, I suggest you try the Holistic, but do it slowly - over 3 weeks gradually increasing the amount of new to old food to avoid tummy upsets. See how your pup does on it. I am in favor of the puppy chow because it is made for the puppy's nutritional needs which are different from an adult dog.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, but it's not that I want to buy local

I am just wanting to know if the Fromm's is better then the Holistic and if Large breed is really needed.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts