German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I posted this thread on Blue http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/diet-nutrition/145562-blue-buffalo-what-they-hiding.html

I've been in the market for a new kibble. My pack didn't fair well on Orijen. My puppy is on Wellness so that is a possiblity. Fromm was on my list to look at so I contacted them to get their calicum and phosphrous maximums levels since it's not listed on the bag. Unlike Blue they were responsive, informative, and did so very quickly....and their numbers are within range. I'll copy and paste their reply below. I had asked for #'s on 4 specfic formulas.

I'm looking for feedback from anyone that has used the food. How did you like it, how did your dogs do it it, etc.

Fromm response:

The maximum amount numbers really do not tell you useful information and here is why. Even though some companies will list it, the actual amount in the product varies greatly. While that amount may never be exceeded, the amounts in the product are normally much lower. For this reason we do not list our maximum amounts. What I can give you is the average of over 100 lab analysis used to calculate the average. Naturally, one sample may be higher or lower than the average, but the average over time is the most important factor. Typical numbers for Ca and P will be as follows:

Beef Frittata Ca: 1.38 P 1.18 Highest amounts reported 1.46 for Ca and 1.23 for P. Surf & Turf Ca: 1.33 P: 1.12 Highest Ca: 1.53 Highest P: 1.21 Duck & Sweet Potato Ca: 1.21 P: 1.06 Highest Ca: 1.49 Highest P: 1.19 Chicken a la Veg Ca: 1.23 P: 1.09 Highest Ca: 1.47 Highest P: 1.20 This should give you much better numbers to use in your determination

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
Fromm

Fromm is a very good company but its best foods are its Gold Holistics IMO. People that work there say the same, shhhhhh.

I think the line of 4 Stars while very good are extremely expensive for no proven benefit.

So from a company standpoint no issue, solid citizens.

Did you look at Earthborn's grain free?

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
I feed the Fromm Gold Adult Large Breed formula. No problems or complaints here. In fact I did email the company when the reports came out about the fish products from the area of the Gulf oil spill were still being used in pet food. They got right back to me, and assured me that they don't use fish from that area, and where exactly their products come from.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts