German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
301 Posts
I like that he has a strong hind end too.very focused stare,bright clean eyes and glossy coat.nice tight feet broad opeb chest not narrow and constricted so room to breath.and i've been under the impression that leaving males intact increases their chance of prostate cancer too.and yes less chance of fututre ooooopppssses.and yes i've seen our male change 100% for the better after he was snipped.before he was cut nobody wanted him and he was on his way to the golden gate but we decided to take him.we made a great choice by taking him and having him cut.but your sire looks beautiful by any standard.

· Registered
301 Posts
Originally Posted by selzer
It is.

But because I believe that spay and neuter cause cancer, and possibly other issues. Because they will not spay women for no reason, and that women who do need full hysterectomys have a shorter life expectancy than those who have been left an ovary.

I am not a fan of fixing what isn't broken.

I do not believe that keeping animals intact means they will be bred.

But if you want to, it is up to you to do so, I just do not understand why, thank goodness-- that almost sounds like you are afraid of a dog having its pieces parts. I do not understand that thinking, but I have run into it.

THATS JUST IT. DOGS ARE NOT PEOPLE AND SHOULD NOT BE TREATED AS SUCH.DOES NOT MEAN LESS CARE OR WHAT NOT JUST TREAT THEM AS THEY ARE ....DOGS.DOGS CANNOT CHOOSE WHERE AS HUMANS CAN.THERE FOR THERE IS NO COMPARISON NOR SHOULD THERE BE.THE BEST WE CAN DO IS GO FROM PAST HISTORY AND EXPERIENCE AND DO WHAT IS TRULY BEST IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE ANIMAL.AND MAYBE SOMETIMES WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE WELFARE OF ALL THOSE DUMPED MUTTS AND SUCH,THE UNWANTED,THE OVERWHELMING CRISIS OF POORLY BRED ANIMALS,THE BEST CHOICE IS NOT ALWAYS WHAT YOU WANT OR BELIEVE IN RATHER BE THE BETTER OWNER AND PERSON FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT SPEAK BUT NEVERLESS ARE THERE WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO CHOOSE THEM AMONG THE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS THAT HAD AN OWNER OR BREEDER WHO DID NOT MAKE SUCH A WISE CHOICE FOR THEM.SPAY/NEUTER TAKES SOME OF THE RISK AWAY FOR FUTURE ANIMALS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.