German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok well IMHO this is pretty cool . I was just training karma and as I ran her through some regular basics she arced up and barked a healthy growl !! I seized the moment by chance and said "speak" clicked and rewarded and then again quickly " Speak", she barked , I treated her etc . I then changed quickly to "on guard" and then "guard" and within minutes I had a barking dog !

One more thing : today I happened to be filming with my little vado HD CAMERA so I can prove it !

Unreal . Just unreal .

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
That is pretty cool! I've always taught my dogs to speak but it's a really happy cheerful speak. Would love to learn how to teach more of a "big boy" bark.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
That is pretty cool! I've always taught my dogs to speak but it's a really happy cheerful speak. Would love to learn how to teach more of a "big boy" bark.

thats awesome. and i agree. I'd like to be able to train the big fierce scary barking

·
Registered
403 Posts
That was an awesome way of training her speak. Everywhere I look, they keep advising to tie my dog and tease her with a toy to get her to speak and mark it. I don't know, but to me this seems like I am simply making a mean dog rather than approaching the trick in a more calming manner.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok here is the video. It is a very average quality but at 1.30 you can see the fun begin. The fuzzy noise in the background is actually torrential rain. Last night we had the worse rain I have seen here in Phnom Penh for 4 years and much of the city was flooded. I drove home in my Ford Ranger with water up to the doors and there were many cars conked out everywhere. When I got home Karma was very hungry and I was pretty flustered so hence you can see she is very excited and I am blurting out commands probably a bit too quickly. But anyway....a good result and I will work on it more this city is pretty rough so a barking dog is gold......

·
Registered
664 Posts
lol -- That video just woke up Layla from a nap.

Very good girl!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Dakota heard her barking and now she's barking. Jackie went and laid in her kennel, lol. Great video!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
great video! I can't believe how big she's gotten! and I love that she is HAPPY HAPPY and her enthusiasm!! Good Job!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
haha i now have 3 dogs sitting her staring at the computer VERY confused looks on their faces lol.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I am teaching Birbo to "speak" by howling into a paper towel roll. I look/sound like an idiot, but it is working!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts