German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shadow has been confined for the past two weeks, because she had surgery. She is so so bored. We have tried several different things to entertain her, even very gentle walks this past week. Thank goodness her stitches should be out today and things should get back to normal sometime fairly soon.
Any way, my son thought whilst they had nothing else to do he would teach her to bark on command. Very silly move! She now barks at us expecting treats! Hmmm, she has developed an attitude since being confined, we all know it's becuase her normal activity and stimulation just hasn't been happening and she is bored. Here are a few things our normally extremely good pup just would never do, but has done in the past two weeks;

destroyed a foam mattress-not hers my sons. (where was I? Asleep. She can open my sons bedroom door. Where was he? At work)

She smacks our little dogs and wags her tail, wanting them to chase her or something. She thinks this is a great game. THEY don't! LOL

She has taken to piling all the couch cushions up and laying on them, she wont move if we tell her to, she pretends she is asleep and can't hear us.
She does this with pillows on the beds too!

She looks at us and then proceeds to pretend to steal the balls off the xmas tree, she puts her mouth over them (never biting down) just waiting for us to react.

She destroyed 2 t-shirts, that we were using to stop her getting at her wound. She also (i don't know how) Managed to carefully untie a bandage that was on her leg to stop her licking her iv site red raw. I thought my son took it off, the knot was carefully undone.

She picks out the noisiest squeaky toy she has and prances in front of the tv with it, squeak squeak squeak, or squeaks it in your face if you are trying to nap!

If she can't get a toy she will stick her nose in your eyes if you are trying to sleep.

We play with her and talk to her all day long, she has gotten really demanding. It seams like when we are not playing or talking to her she is up to something! All I hear all day "Shadow, no!" Shadow, what are you doing?" "Shadow stop it!". It's so like having a naughty 3 year old.

Again we know she is bored, however she is meant to be resting! Hmm we will need a rest after this.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
HAHAHA! It sounds like my house when Wolfie can't go outside for a few days for whatever reason! She will be better when she can do her normal activities again. Hang in there!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are back from the vets, and miss naughty can resume pre op activities. YAY
She even scored a very cute singing santa stuffed dog toy from the vets office. A rep was sitting next to a xmas tree handing out xmas gifts to all the clients. Shadow got the biggest gift there. My son is very keen to get her back to the park. (haha I'm keen for her to go to, lol)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts