German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sarge is 11 months and about 90lbs. He loves to play Frisbee. I have been wondering if this is bad for him, as he jumps very high and land on his hind legs. Does anybody know?

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Throw the frisbee lower along the ground so he doesn't have to jump so high, much easier on their joints

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Stosh loves frisbee too but like Shade said I throw the frisbee along the ground and he chases it. If I do throw it in the air, I throw it at his head height so he doesn't have to leave the ground for it. Jumping at any age isn't good but can be especially harmful in dogs under 2 yrs old. The growth plates at the ends of the bones haven't finished growing yet and you don't want to damage them. By the way, I get Jawz Hyperflite discs for Stosh and he loves them!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Max is 98lbs, and 8 years old, hes obsessed with the frisbee, I time it right when he starts running to throw it so all he has to do is reach for it, all 4`s are on the ground, also use a kong Frisbee, a gal at class has 2 Ausies, they were playing with a cheap plastic frisbee that was broken, freak accident and one of them lost an eye from the broken frisbee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts