German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my neightborhood I have some friends that having dogs, we are always giving them to play together.
Not all the dogs are behave well with all the other dogs, so we know which dogs can play together and which dogs should be saperated, my GSD doesnt has problem with any dog until now.

My friend's GSD and my GSD were playing together since my dog was little puppy(the other one is older in 4 months). This GSD was showing some aggression toward strangers, but he was usually fine with other dogs(especially with my dog), recently he decreased his aggression toward people(which was caused cuz of fear, I'm almost sure). But while his confident rised, he began to show agression toward other dogs, look like dominant agression. He will get in fight with most of the male dogs, that aren't puppies, he is acting bully, growling...
He began to be TOO MUCH dominant to my dog, he began to growl at him and in the moment my dog get lower he usually will try to attack him(God now I will stop even a lion from attack my dog!), so for now we can't let them play together.

I have no idea why he would act like that... look like he has too much confidence...
Does someone know how to solve his problem?

In addition, he is always try to chase motorbikes and bitting the rider. Maybe it will help you to realize his behavior.

·
Super Moderator
32,545 Posts
How old is your friend's dog? Is he still intact (not neutered)? How much training has he had?

If he's becoming a bully towards other dogs and is chasing bikes and biting people, he should not be allowed to run around loose. I realize this is not your dog and you don't have any control over what your friend does, but this is not going to go away by itself, and his behavior may become worse if he's allowed to continue. Do you think your friend understands this?

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
sorry , not "I have no idea why he would act like that... look like he has too much confidence...
Does someone know how to solve his problem?

In addition, he is always try to chase motorbikes and bitting the rider. Maybe it will help you to realize his behavior"

too little training and responsible management. Chasing motorbikes sounds like a real bad accident waiting to happen.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is around 1.7 years old, still intact.

My friend usually doesn't allow him to run around loose(not in the park anyway, where people would apear), but sometime he does for some minutes.
When he was attacking people he was always on a leash, now when the dog is showing more aggression toward dogs but he is better with people, he is getting more time to run.

When you are saying training, do you mean to obedience? He had trainer for some lessons(not that good... but he was fine), but exept that my friend didnt work on obedience for a long time(the dog know a bit of sit, down, stay, etc.).
Will working with him and training him solve the problem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts