German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use these as their dogs primary food source? I’ve noticed that the kcal recommendations given by fresh pet is much less that the recommendations on kibble? Any insight into this? My girl will take fresh pet while training, kibble however, is way too difficult for me to not drop pieces, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31,102 Posts
I use it for training alot. Usually tracking so it's their whole meal.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use it for training alot. Usually tracking so it's their whole meal.
Right. I did that this morning. And then I’d feed with obedience at night. I’m just concerned it’s not enough Cals. My kibble is 491ish/cup 1-2cups per meal. Fresh pet is 280ish per lb. recommended 1 1/2lb per day. So round about figures, she was eating more before. I guess the balance I’m trying to achieve is having her hungry enough to train before I go to work in the morning and hungry enough to train when I get home.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m thinking fresh pet for breakfast with training, I’ll use treats to train in the evening and kibble for dinner. Any flaws there? Or does it sound ok

·
Registered
31,102 Posts
You'll be fine. It's a balanced food. If you see her losing weight. Just give her an extra meal as needed.

I would just use that to train. I never use just treats.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ll remind you, found a club (2.5hrs away) that seems really good btw. Took a while to find them bc they’re a awma club but they let gsd ppl train too. Went out last week. Prob going out this Saturday too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts