German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | German Shepherd Dog | Frenchburg, KY | Bryce URGENT

Morgan County Animal Shelter where this dog is located is having to euthanize for space. Bryce and Buddy, two large german shepherds, are at risk. Bryce is now available for adoption to a good and loving home. If you have a lot of love to share with a best friend please adopt one of our wonderful pets. All pets are up to date on shots, wormings and bordetella.To adopt please complete this online Adoption Form
Contacts can be made by calling the Menifee County Animal Shelter at 606 768-9368. Also, feel free to email [email protected] with any questions or concerns and thank you for considering a pet in need.

Bryce URGENT's Contact Info

Menifee County Animal Shelter, Frenchburg, KY

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
bump! he's handsome.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I e-mailed about this boy and rec'd the following response.

My name is Vicki Stacy--a volunteer at the shelter where Bryce is housed - to update you on his status. He is at one of our local vet clinics awaiting the decision to neuter or not neuter. He showed some aggressive behaviors toward some of the staff there at the clinic. Especially toward male staff - he growled when they approached his cage to get him out to do his surgery. The vet stated she felt he should only be adopted by someone familiar with the breed or that was experienced at rehabilitating these dogs. He has been at our shelter for a month or longer. At first we were a little cautious of invading his space - he has never shown his teeth or growled at any of our shelter staff - don't know if he is just fearful of a strange situation, fearful of a more confined enclosure or of men. Meanwhile this morning I need to make a decision on his future -would not want to adopt him to someone not willing to put time and expertise into his handling. I really need advice from someone familiar with the breed - he is a gorgeous animal and deserves a closer evaluation. Would like to hear your ideas. Thanks, Vicki

Her e-mail is:[email protected]

I am going to be on the road all day doing a transport, and away from computer. Sounds like he may be a bit fearful. Does not sound overtly aggressive. If anyone knows of someone in the area, or can offer some suggestions, please contact her.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
bump

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Another bump for Bryce. I rec'd the following in an e-mail from Vicky, the volunteer. I had e-mailed her to see how he was doing.

Bryce is doing great. When I arrived at the shelter this morning he greeted me when I opened the door, hung out with me while I did some housekeeping chores, then went back into his kennel and enjoyed a very large milkbone. I really think the problem at the vet clinic was new surroundings, people, and close confinement. He seems fine. I still feel his best option would be to go into foster with someone familiar with his breed. I have to wonder if another new place will bother him. He is so beautiful and really hates the confinement at the shelter.

Her e-mail is [email protected]. Asking to please pass along to any rescue that can help.

·
Registered
751 Posts
He was posted on SITUATIONS REQUIRING IMMEDIATE ATTENTION - KY_CENTRAL today:

POSTED 11/2 Menifee County Animal Shelter where this dog is located is having to euthanize for space. ALL LARGE DOGS ARE AT RISK. As large adults, Buddy and Bryce are in jeopardy.

If you can rescue, please contact Vicky at [email protected]

BRYCE German Shepherd Dog Long coat Large Adult Male URGENT! Bryce is young and beautiful! He is now available for adoption to a good and loving home. Bryce URGENT's Web Page

Meniffee County Animal Shelter
Frenchburg, KY
PH: (606) 768-9368
Email:
[email protected]

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
wish there was something i could do. praying for this boy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.