German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The neighbor directly behind me has a brittany spaniel and some kind of lab mix. They both are outside 24/7 with the lab being tethered by an oversized chain and the brittany allowed run the fence and bark. I've only seen the owners interact with them maybe 3-4 times in the last 8 yrs. A few yrs ago the lab escaped and was having a blast running up and down the ally. Concerned that he could get hit by a car, I thought it was best to catch him and return him to his yard, which I did. There wasn't much of a response from the owner, just "ok"

So yesterday I got home from work and while playing fetch with my 3, I noticed the lab had escaped and was 2 houses down playing with a teenage girl. Both looked like they were having fun and I decided to stay out of it and let him enjoy his freedom. He never left the immediate area, only going as far as the end of the block to visit with the other neighborhood dogs. I checked on him again this morning and they must have caught up with him, poor guy, I hope he escapes again soon.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Those are sad stories, but I'm glad to hear he got a reprieve.

We used to have a boxer next door who I never once heard anyone interact with. It was a fence fighting struggle with my dogs, but she would be quiet when i was outside. I could always hear her sitting on the other side of the privacy fence, just a few feet away while we played all evening. Felt so sorry for that dog :(

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
418 Posts
Awww, poor dog I can't stand to see dogs tied up, I just don't understand people that get a dog but don't want anything to do with it, so sad

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:c

I hope that little girl asks to adopt it...
I wish they would take him to, he is very friendly.

I don't see the dogs owners much, they are 30ish and act like shut-ins. I believe someone has called animal control, not sure if it was for excessive barking in the AM or that they didn't have adequate shelter, but at least now when the temp drops they started bring them inside, strange people.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts