German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-07-09, 9:45AM EDT

Female German Shephard, 3.5 years old. Up to date on rabies vaccination but not spayed. Sweet, good with children, great protection. I love her but cannot take care of her anymore. If interested contact me at either my email or phone number listed.

[email protected] or (978)203-6976

I emailed for information & a possible picture.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If she is OK with other pets, I might beable to foster her.
I would need help getting her spayed though.

If you emailed her too? That would be good.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
She said that she's had two other people interested, and now she's not sure if she should give her up. I think I'll ask what the problem really is. It's probably better to work with the problem and keep the dog in her own home, rather than move her around.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, but if anything? Could she contact the breeder, just in case?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
She took the ad off the site. She had several requests, but I think she is just overwhelmed. Here is her response.

Quote:Thank you for that, we are just struggling financially(as is everyone these days) but we are really struggling, and we are having a hard time with keeping up with her healthcare. I have three sons ages 12, 10, and 8 months and my ten year old is a special needs child. We also have three cats, so I just thought maybe my dog would be better off somewhere else with someone who could take her to the vet when she needs to go and all that. She just had a run in with a porquipine a couple of weeks ago, she needed day surgurey to have the 500+ quills removed and I couldn't even pay for it. I had to borrow the money because no vet would even see her unless I could pay at the time of service. I even called the dog officer for some help and she wouldn't return my call. It's sad, I do love her and my children do too, I don't want to give her up, but I also feel we can't take care of her properly. I will enclose a pic of her, she is the sweetest thing in the world! I have already received so many emails and phone calls from people wanting her, I finally deleted my add and have been telling people that she has already been taken. I know thats bad, but now I feel bad for placing the ad and then backing out.

Thank you for your help, and listening...I do appreciate it.
I told her about Care Credit, which many vets accept, which is very useful in an emergency. I also told her about petfooddirect.com, which sometimes can be a good deal with the coupon codes.

I don't want to tell her to keep the dog if she can't take care of her, but what is best for the dog?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts