German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We adopted Roxie from this website about 7 weeks ago. This past Saturday, we took her to Kalamazoo to get her final shot. A man reached down to pet her and she popped her collar and bolted. She ran FOREVER and finally ended up in a heavily wooded area. Although she had come a long way with us, Roxie is afraid of everything including her own shadow and really does NOT like people at all. She is only 6 months old, and her belly is still shaved from being spayed. Her fur is half puppy fuzz & half adult long hair.

If anyone is in the Westnedge/Kilgore neighborhood of Kalamazoo, please please contact the local SPCA. that is where we adopted her from and they are doing everything to help us find her!

·
Registered
29,131 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear this. I had this happened with a foster dog who was TERRIFIED of everything.
I caught him 3 days after he jumped out of my sencond floor window but it was truly a miracle cause I thought for sure we would never catch him since he wouldn't let anyone come 15 feet from him.

You may have to get some traps and set them up for her in the woods she disappeared at.

·
Registered
27,244 Posts
Prayers and positive thoughts are going out to you Retta, and Roxie.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just checking in too see if there has been any sightings of Foxie Roxie. She reminds me of my first dog...also named Roxie...I wish you luck, don't give up. She's going to get hungry soon...

I'm sending you positive thoughts and prayers. Judy

Have you hung any posters in the area? Also ask the children, they see everything.

·
Registered
27,244 Posts
Retta e-mailed my this am and said there was a few sightings of her!! She was in a man's backyard sitting there watching a squirrel. When he called her she ran off. It is fenced, so maybe they can bait and catch her if she returns. Another lady saw her several times but didn't leave her #. At least she is not in the wooded area, as there is a large preserve nearby. I did e-mail the local HS that is nearby and got lucky, the secretary is an animal lover and put out announcements to faculty and students. The spca also has fliers with her pic on it so I think they are getting the word out. She is also running an ad w/ pic in the local newspaper... Please keep prayers going and fingers crossed!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SHE'S HOME!!! We just got her home about 40 minutes ago. Evelyn from the SPCA was able to lure Roxie to her with food. Then she grabbed her! Poor baby is exhausted, but otherwise in remarkably good shape! She's favoring her right hind leg a little, and she's got some minor scratches in her ears but otherwise she's no worse for the adventure. She's playing with Koko & Annie - she's already did a house run & grabbed some toys. I think she missed us! Anyway - thank you all for thoughts & prayers. I've got a baby who needs to cuddle!

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Oh what WONDERFUL news!! I have been watching this thread hoping and praying.

I am so happy for her and you!!

·
Registered
27,244 Posts
I think the power of prayer is an awesome thing!! Retta, I am so happy for you and your pack!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am THRILLED that Foxie Roxie is home...

I would make sure to use a choke collar when she is out now...I know that she is getting pampered at home....Judy

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guarantee that she will never leave our front door again without a choke collar! What a nightmare this has been!

·
Banned
1,829 Posts
Retta! YAAAAAA!!!!!

·
Registered
27,244 Posts
Foxie Roxie is home!

changing the title!

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Re: Foxie Roxie is home!

Not to split hairs but please don't use a choke collar on her. It can really be detrimental to a dog with issues like she has. There are some great front clip harnesses that can also be attached to the regular flat collar. One is called the Sense-ation harness and the other the Easy Walk harness.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Re: Foxie Roxie is home!

I agree with Ruth, I think a different collar than a choke collar would be a better idea. I am so happy you have your beautiful coat home!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts