German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
27,223 Posts

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
Have you shared the dog on the "Lost Pets of ___ [your town]" Facebook group? Those "lost dog" local groups tend to get a lot of dogs back home.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have just shared on quite a few of these Facebook groups this morning. I'll post signs around town today too.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just stopped in at the vet, he's still there. They said I can come in and see him tomorrow if I like, and he'll be available for adoption by early next week.

Do all adopted dogs have to be spayed/neutered upon adoption? The lady at the vet office told me this is the case in Michigan.

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
Do all adopted dogs have to be spayed/neutered upon adoption? The lady at the vet office told me this is the case in Michigan.
Many states do have that rule, so it would not be surprising at all for that to be the case. It's typically included in the adoption fee.

An updated rabies vaccination is also usually required, since there are no record of his last one. A microchip may also be provided. Other vaccinations and heartworm testing may also be included, but that's not usually a state requirement (just a "normal practice").

·
Banned
7,657 Posts
Just stopped in at the vet, he's still there. They said I can come in and see him tomorrow if I like, and he'll be available for adoption by early next week.

Yes! That's why if I find dog's ... I keep them in my home and don't turn them in ... well that I want to keep them to be honest. :p

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Just took my fiancee and her friend in to see this boy, he is very sweet. They estimate him to be 1 - 1.5 years old, he's 90 lbs.

He will be available for adoption this coming Monday.

·
Registered
529 Posts
What a lucky find for you! Not lucky that a dog is lost though :(
Dogs I find usually are injured mutts that don't have owners who care enough to look for them. This dog looks well taken care of.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts