German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently rescued a very attractive male black sable GSD. Given his stunning good looks and great temperament, we are hoping that someone is missing this guy. He is tattooed.

If anyone is missing a black sable intact male, please contact me at [email protected]

I am not very computer literate and am having difficulty posting pictures. Sorry

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
Contacting AKC or USA (United SchH Clubs of America) with the tattoo number may help track down the owner.

Black sable + intact male + tattoo = working lines IMO, and thus quite possibly involved in some dog sports like schutzhund. Might be a good idea to contact the SchH clubs in the area to get the word out too.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
And this is probably obvious - but make sure that whoever "claims" the dog can produce proof of ownership and knows the tattoo number without being told. When you find a dog, you always want to hold some detail back.

You wouldn't want this pup to land in the wrong place and plenty of unscrupulous people would scam to get a dog like this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have already contacted Schutzhund clubs and AKC. No luck so far.

This dog appears to be a Czech import, is absolutely stunning, with a fabulous temperament. He has obedience ( a little rusty but sharpened right up), nothing bothers this guy.

If a potential owner appears, they will have to prove ownership. He will not be released unless we know for sure he belongs to them. I would also like a good reason why this dog was in the shelter, why there was no lost ads or posters.

I wish I could post pictures of this guy, he is amazing.

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
what a GORGEOUS dog!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Wow, what a beautiful boy! I have to agree - how could someone loose him and not be frantically searching!

At least he now has you... thank you for caring enough to give him a home.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Hopefully there is someone out there frantically searching for him but unfortunately there are loads and loads of gorgeous dogs and well bred dogs that turn up in shelters and whose owners are never heard from.

I know there are a lot of terrific people involved in the breed and in things like Schutzhund, but I've also met quite a few people for whom a Schutzhund dog is like a piece of sporting equipment. If it works well, that's great, but if it doesn't work or breaks, then throw it out and get a new one.

The idea that because a dog is beautiful/well bred and wonderful they must have an equally wonderful owner is all to often sadly incorrect.

·
Registered
646 Posts
he's magnificent! i'd be more than frantic if i'd lost him; wow, i hope you find his owner and that they're looking for him

good luck

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Originally Posted By: JakodaCD OAwhat a GORGEOUS dog!
Ditto and a great temperament to boot. Sounds like he is in goods hands right now. Thankfully, he "found" you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This guy will be available for adoption through Southwest German Shepherd Rescue. He is now neutered and microchipped.

He is something special, honestly he has a fantastic temperament as well as being drop dead gorgeous.

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
Oh, my.. he was neutered already? Wonder if his owners are looking for him. Wondering if is (was) a stud or competition dog that got lost, escaped, etc?

Going out on a limb here, looks like he was really well cared for-- possibly even on a raw diet. Amazing, handsome dog! I am hoping his owners come forward and find him, or that he goes to a suitable home for his needs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He was at the shelter well past the stray reclaim period simply because he was such a well cared for looking dog. BUT state law here requires all adopted animals to be altered before leaving the shelter.

His owners had several weeks to find him but to keep him safe (not going to just any one and thrown in a back yard) and to get him out of a shelter situation, we adopted him.

And I agree, many great dogs end up at shelters every day. We can't understand how someone could NOT be looking for them but the thousands of euthanized dogs tell us differently.

Now, anyone in the Arizona area looking for a handsome, good natured guy to add to their home?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I would suggest probably not a Schutzhund or Police Dog as it appears he has rear declaws. Someone who worked him would most likely have removed them. I am suprised that it the breeder went through the tattoo process they weren't responsable enough to remove them as babies.

But, maybe the declaws are not as large as they appear to me.....

Tina

1 - 20 of 35 Posts